Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Aaron Chatfield sucks

Thats cos Joe Rogan and Goldie go on about takdowns stealing a round so much when they clearly havent actually got a clue about scoring criteria so viewers just seems to go with what they say...

Rogan was still going on about what Tibau needed to do to finish an arm triangle about 30 seconds after he let it go ffs... Great guy who is clearly passionate about the sport and done a lot for MMA but he doesnt half talk some shit sometimes, watch a fight without commentary and then back with it and you will see what I mean!

I'm here to sit and watch fights, not score them. When theres a robbery, theres a robbery. But close fights should be discussed at just what they are, close fights.

Commentary needs to be on for me personally, I find Rogan to have great craic, but Goldie...thats another story. Rogan going on about an arm triangle for an extra 30 seconds is nothing compared to some of the shit piles that drop out of goldies mouth.

I agree Goldie is a bell... my point was more they often give the 'uneducated' viewer the impression that certain things score more highly towards winning a round than they actually do!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Goldberg is slick as you like with all his introductions, promos and all that - it's easy to criticise some of the things he says, but his job is unbelievably tricky.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Agreed the commentary can sometimes sway a viewer - but that should have no bearing on a judge, I presume they cant even hear the commentators from where they are, or at least maybe one is closer but the other 2 wont be?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

No thats my point... the judge will often see things a lot different than the commentators as they arent disracted and using a certain set of criteria. The viewer however will often be swayed by the what the commentator says

Im not really slagging Goldie and Joe off Jimmy, I just think they talk some shit

Lance Gibson scored a round 10-10 on one of the Vancouver UFC shows and Marc Ratnet chewed him out for it.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

finally got around to listening to sherdog's Beatdown after the Bell.

Jordan Breen certainly agrees with the original poster's thoughts on Aaron Chatfield.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Well Ratner agrees with Aaron
    N only his vote counts

All anyone can ask of any judge or ref is that he or she calls it the way they see it. As long as it's an honest opinion based on what they thought they saw, everyone should give them a break.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with