Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 102

Thread: Judge Aaron Chatfield sucks

  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I actually think 10-9s are almost woefully overused. I've often seen people being given 9s when they've offered little resilience to what's being thrown at them and offered nothing in return. The scoring system is such that it's completely open to individual interpretation, which is probably why there are three judges instead of the fight being scored by the referee.
    I think that is exactly right!!
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

  2. #72
    Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    6,444

    Default

    10-8s are woefully underused imho too, people are scared of giving them because of people over reacting in this way
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME


    "That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    10-8s are woefully underused imho too, people are scared of giving them because of people over reacting in this way
    I agree, in some instances you have to practically kill a guy to get a 10-8.

  4. #74
    Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    6,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matty H View Post
    I agree, in some instances you have to practically kill a guy to get a 10-8.
    Exactly mate, being dominant does not neccersarily mean you have almost finished the fight multiple times
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME


    "That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

  5. #75

    Default

    Not gonna put it on with a trowl as most level headed people here already know but here goes...

    Qualifying your argument with opinions from the internet media = weak argument.
    Qualifying your argument with fan opinions = even weaker or non existent argument.

    The 3 judges are in a unique position and see things that no one else in the world are privvy to. They make decisions based on the official criteria and what they see with their own eyes, no more, no less.

    Is there scope for a judge to make a mistake? Yes of course there is always scope for a human official to make a human error, especially in a complicated sport such as MMA. That is why the UFC seek to employ the very best individuals for the job when they are able to select the judges.

    Is there scope for some judges to consciously (ie bribe, pressure) or unconsciously have their opinion tainted by the fans, pre-made assumptions and the atmosphere in the arena? Yes unfortunately there is scope for this, but I am proud to say that evidence for this in our sport is very, very few and far between and the ethics and ettiquette in elite MMA put all other combat sports to shame.

    There have been instances of poor judging in the UFC and I have put that down in the past to NSAC appointed officials being used for the job when they lack a full rounded understanding of the sport and the judging criteria. It is unfortunately a political issue within the sport to either educate the athletic commissions or to have a veto on some judges who are thrust upon them. There is undoubtedly an issue of power struggle between the UFC and athletic commissions in this regard.

    RE Aaron chatfield. This is a total utter non issue and I wont glorify it with anything other than to say Aaron is above 100% suspicion of corruption and one of the most qualified-by-experience individuals in Europe if not the World. Not even Aaron is above making mistakes and I havent watched the fight mentioned, but to question his abilities or standing within the sport from the comfort of your computer with dick firmly in hand is just ridiculous. aaron has no case to answer to you.

    On the subject of criteria, I agree the 10-8 round is underused as I think a lot of judges shy away from it given that it is a 3 round fight. Kudos to any judge who has the balls to give an 10-8 in their honest opinion. Much easier to give in a 12 round boxing match.

    Also takedowns...the idea of a takedown scoring regardless is bullshit. Getting a takedown with 5secs on the clock does not score IMO unless you do something with it. Neither does getting a takedown and failing to secure a controlled or dominant position. Repeatedly taking someone down only to be reversed or have your oppo spring to his feet within seconds doesnt mean anything to me. Getting a takedown in which you purposely flop into someones guard (or where they pull guard and you fall into it) do not score either.

    Effective takedowns do. Taking a guy down, securing them, controlling their body position, limiting their options and delivering consistant if not damaging GNP or genuione sub attempts does score for me. GNP or subs dont have to be in the first few seconds after hitting the mat but control must be gained and kept for it to be an effective takedown.

    PS Internet haters smoke massive cock. Peace and good will to all for a better life in 2013.
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stapesmk1 View Post
    I havent watched the fight mentioned.

    You're a fucking moron. come back when you have and quit with the usual "sit behind a computer ...it's easy blah blah"

    Aaron Chatfield is a consistently bad judge who lacks knowledge on the ground game. The 10-8's prove this.

    Your just mad because I'm pointing out the awful decisions. As are other people on other forums and other news sites that scratch their head at how someone appointed by a "UFC commission" yes the UFC picks it's own judges is allowed to run rampant and rob people of fair decision victories like Felipe Arrants and reza maddog medadi. Probably the WORST decisions I have seen this year. I'll call any shit judge out when I see awful decisions not just your boyfriend.
    Last edited by Sengoku; 24-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

  7. #77

    Default

    How do you getg a 10.8 then?
    If I knok a man out in one of the rounds then does he get an 8 an i get an 10?
    I do'nt understand the scoring propely but I think i know what he is getting at isntt that not right tho?

  8. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cagefiter4life View Post
    How do you getg a 10.8 then?
    If I knok a man out in one of the rounds then does he get an 8 an i get an 10?
    I do'nt understand the scoring propely but I think i know what he is getting at isntt that not right tho?
    You need to never take part then, if you knock a fighter out he doesn't get an 8, he gets medical attention and a pre-cautionary trip to the hospital or should. I just don't understand how you can be a Cage Fiter and not know the rule set.

  9. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cagefiter4life View Post
    How do you getg a 10.8 then?
    If I knok a man out in one of the rounds then does he get an 8 an i get an 10?
    I do'nt understand the scoring propely but I think i know what he is getting at isntt that not right tho?
    No score it's 'Game over'.

  10. #80

    Default

    yer i no wot you mean but if i knock him out and they do a decishun then i know ill win 4 shure.
    i only done some fights man but not many cage fites. i will tho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.