qft.......
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    Well Ratner agrees with Aaron
    N only his vote counts
    2 idiots then

30-27 to marcello is a joke

Aaron Chatfield gave Milton Vieira an undeserved 10-8 round at UFC 147. He also scored Hardy/Sadollah rd 1 for Hardy. Not a good judge IMO.

Chatfield isn't qualified to judge....his consistant record of fuck ups proves this. He's being called the new Cecil Peoples now by the fans ...so it's not just me exposing this fraud

nice article
    http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/1...fore-standups/

while judge Cardo Urso, gave Madadi round one and two 10-9 each and Marcello round three 10-9, resulting in the correct 29-28 Madadi scorecard, the other two judges didn’t see it the same way. Judge Romulo Bittencourt gave round two to Madadi 10-9, but gave rounds one and three to Marcello, 10-9 each, giving him the 29-28 victory. Judge Aaron Chatfield’s scorecard was the most ridiculous, however, as he scored all three rounds for Marcello 10-9, giving him an absurd 30-27 victory.
    The Iranian-born Swede was disgusted by Chatfield’s 30-27 score for Marcello, and had some choice words to say to the judge, who’s ability to judge MMA fights has been called into question in recent months after he scored UFC 147′s Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira a draw (he gave out one of, if not the most generous 10-8 rounds in UFC history when he scored the first round to Vieira) and UFC on FUEL TV 5′s Andy Ogle vs. Akira Corassani 29-28 for Corassani, giving him the first round despite the fact Ogle knocked him down not once, but twice.

“This guy must watch the boxing fight, or some other fight. I don’t know if he saw the same fight as you or other judges, but I was completely in shock,” Madadi said. “He didn’t care about my takedowns.”
    Last edited by Sengoku; 18-10-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    2 idiots then

30-27 to marcello is a joke

Aaron Chatfield gave Milton Vieira an undeserved 10-8 round at UFC 147. He also scored Hardy/Sadollah rd 1 for Hardy. Not a good judge IMO.

Chatfield isn't qualified to judge....his consistant record of fuck ups proves this. He's being called the new Cecil Peoples now by the fans ...so it's not just me exposing this fraud

nice article
    http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/1...fore-standups/
    Called the new Cecil Peoples by FANS, who have zero experience in judging in the main and do not understand the judging criteria in the slightest. Frankly Dana does not, judging by half of the things he comes out with, judges are there to do a job and apply the criteria, nothing more or less.
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Aaron got the 10-8 wrong. He knows that and has learnt from it. It was his first show and he made a mistake.
    Aarons knowledge of judging is immense. Imagine a fighter losing a round and going on to complain about it. Shock horror

dickhead

Refs and judges are easy pickings for fans and media largely due to Dana White talking so much shit about them.

In one breath he says he knows fuckall and in the next he can do a better job of judging or reffing a fight than experienced officials and judges.

Dana White and Joe Rogan are not MMA experts they are fans who get to watch allot of fights.

The fact of the matter is that if you are fighting, reffing, judging, commentating or announcing for the UFC then you are top level in your field before you even get there.

Sure you may screw up from time to time thats what humans do (apart from me of course) , you may even be the worst of the best but you are still part of the best or you just wouldnt be there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Refs and judges are easy pickings for fans and media largely due to Dana White talking so much shit about them.

In one breath he says he knows fuckall and in the next he can do a better job of judging or reffing a fight than experienced officials and judges.

Dana White and Joe Rogan are not MMA experts they are fans who get to watch allot of fights.

The fact of the matter is that if you are fighting, reffing, judging, commentating or announcing for the UFC then you are top level in your field before you even get there.

Sure you may screw up from time to time thats what humans do (apart from me of course) , you may even be the worst of the best but you are still part of the best or you just wouldnt be there in the first place.
    Disagree with that mate as Companies can often make bad hires with staff

I agree that Dana is no expert as he controls other areas and therefore judging is not his forte

I would say that even though Joe Rogan does talk some crap at times he's pretty knowledgeable and not just your average fan

I would like to see the blueprint for judging criteria in the UFC to see what exactly gets scored as Aaron could may well have followed that or may have had a bad night?
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

I find it worrying that coaches and fighters don't know the official scoring criteria
    It's like playing football n not knowing the offside rule

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    I find it worrying that coaches and fighters don't know the official scoring criteria
    It's like playing football n not knowing the offside rule
    Agreed. You can see why the average american fan boy has no clue... but people who are actively involved in the sport have no excuse!

Chatfield in fine form tonight UFC China! How can you give a 10-8 for a round of grappling ??? i never know. You seem to love those 10-8's. Aaron please tell me you rank in BJJ or grappling? oh wait you don't fucking have any......u shitty d-rate thai boxer.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=3782

30-25 Takeya Mizugaki ....2 rounds of 10-8? while the 2 other sane judges gave it 10-9! Do you know anything?

You got the Gomi fight wrong as well
    http://mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=3784
    clearly last 2 rounds to Gomi as seen by 2 other better judges

This is why UFC shouldn't appoint their own judges. You are fucking awful

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post

Its getting consistant now. Just you watch
    Last edited by Sengoku; 10-11-2012 at 05:19 PM.

I didn't know Thomas Fan was judging. Great guy.

Trained at his place when I went to Hong Kong earlier this year - well recommended. He used to be based in Birmingham before moving out to HK, he's got some killer purple belts and got his blackbelt from Ze Marcello last year.

Good to see him picked up as an official by the UFC. He reffed at Art of War and various other organisations.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.