Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: ***On Top 6***Saturday 6th October***Official thread with fightcard***

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    Stevie you and Shaun proper hate each other. Makes me laugh, it's a shame the fight never happened when it could've.

Those fights won't happen. Shaun's in good hands and will be managed in the right way, as it is he's a novice pro fighting other novice pro's.
    Beating the living crap out of other novice pros, to be fair ;-)

He's a great prospect and despite the facade, a really cool guy too. Another dominant performance on Saturday.
    The whole card was excellent. A ton of fights went the distance which meant the event went on very late, but none of the fights were boring at all.
    Some of the guys who I thought might have been lambs to the slaughter turned out to be fantastic. Okunno, Boult and Marcin were frightening. I thought Docherty's MMA looked superb, we all know how good his hands are but his MMA game looked sharp too.
    Turner was pure evil from start to finish. It looked like a big brother putting a beat down on his little bro.
    Macalister was good and I don't know why he was so disappointed with himself. He handled a very good opponent and took an impressive victory.
    MC Ray was brilliant too and gave me a good laugh when he said Doyle hailed from "Northern Iowa"......we've all made slips like that, but no one minds when they are funny.
    I have completely lost my voice though, totally wrecked my throat with all the excitement. Roll on On Top 7.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Just spotted some On Top 6 coverage from last week.

Chris Stringer in his local paper in Ireland: http://www.lisburntoday.co.uk/sport/...bout-1-4334139

Galbraith makes the news in Milngavie: http://www.s1milngavie.com/news/miln...-the-ring.html

well done to all involved sounded like a great night , gutted i missed this on holiday at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ray (edge mma) View Post
    Another great show from ontop gutted I was just watching this time but hopefully on the next 1 liked the new venue not a bad seat in the house every seat rather close to the cage.

Agree with what cyrus said about few people trying bigger clubs its the best thing I've done for my career now trainin at doolans club with the likes of delaney,turner,danny gray etc.

Aj and henry both facing 1st defeats as pro's hopefully they learn from it and come back stronger.

The guys stringer,adam,henry,aj and doc fought all looked impressive.

Turner dominated really good performance from him, think he shud be the closest fighter to the ufc due to wins,record,age and his performance obviously.

Think taylor needs a stepup in competition no disrespect to kev makinnon bt think this result was always goin to happen. I'd like to see hw taylor would get on with some1 with a bit experience and gd takedown defence duno if that's just cz I'd like to see some1 smash his face in though. Now 4-0 I'd like to see him against some1 like aj,caldwell he could cause them problems on the ground with his jits and aj could cause him problems on the feet hopefully a sore face wht u guys think?
    Or Joe Nugent when he is back fighting.

Joes never making WW again.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    Joes never making WW again.
    He will now that you've said he won't.

Think Joe is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior View Post
    Think Joe is injured.
    Aye his back is injured just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Both Adam Stevenson, Bobby McVitie and to an extent Danny Henry come from relatively small fight teams and perhaps lack the good quality sparring partners, strong coaching group and an experienced corner team. These guys all have great potential but maybe they could go further by joining a larger fight team.

If these guys possibly joined up at the Grip they would have access to a mixture of good experienced coaches and they would be a able to train and spar with a talent pool far deeper than anywhere else in Scotland.

For the progression of these guy's careers I reckon they should be looking at making a change, whether it be moving gym completely or possibly spending some time with well established gyms down in England. You only have to look at the success of Robert Whiteford: moved to the Grip, became a Dinky and even spent time over at ATT.

In my opinion you're only ever going to be as good as the best guy you train with. The Grip has experts in all the disciplines that make up MMA so it makes sense that these are the guys that are the most successful.

I'm not having a go at the gyms where these guys train but I think by staying where they are there missing out on an opportunity to push themselves further and progress their career.

Having said all that I guess the guys at the Grip would have to invite these guys.
    From a fans point of view I hope this dosen't happen, if every top fighter in Scotland joins the Dinky Ninjas it takes away the possibility of some great potential domestic fights, with Whiteford joining them we will never see Whiteford v Turner and now Steven Ray will never fight Deleney. If Stevenson, McVitie and Henry joined there would be hardly any top level domestic match ups. Also the likes of James Macalister and Doni Miller started off elswhere then joined the Ninjas.

On the other hand I see your point, it is common knowledge that the Dinky Ninjas are the top team in Scotland and any Scottish fighter trying to better their career would no doubt be better training there with the top sparring partners available in this country.

Only speaking from a fans point of view.

Titan wants tougher opponent next time. http://sport.stv.tv/world-sport/1940...-in-clydebank/