Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seagal Theory

Default Seagal Theory

My theory:

I dont know the first thing about steven seagal or his credentials. I havent even seen his movies. But its clear what anderson is doing and how this relationship works for the spider.

Have you guys seen 'Like Water'?
    During the documentary Silva's manager is being filmed coordinating and translating a conference call before the first fight. Silva is being dismissive of all the questions form callers, he seems really pissed off, jaded, and tired of the whole jamboree and is giving one word answers and Ed Soares is obviously embarrassed. Then a caller asks if Silva has changed anything up for the fight with Sonnen, Silva answers in Portuguese and Soares translates, hardly able to keep a straight face at the joke answer that Silva has made, "yea, i got Steven Seagal in". Up to that point Ed Soares didn't know about this, you can tell from the "what the fuck" expression on his face. Silva was taking the piss on a conference call, and then he must have thought it would be funny to play it out. He is just having his fun with the press and the fans becuase... well.... wtf else is he going to do? He could attack and get angry and tell everyone to fuck off and leave him alone; play the bad guy. He could try hide and avoid everyone. He is being like water. Fame goes with his success but he gets tired of the attention and all the same questions over and over. Anderson is also like a big kid. He's a bit of a joker. His attitude in the ring is to relax and have fun with it; he believes this is how you get the best out of yourself. He's doing the same with Seagal. Seagal is like a big demented buffer zone between Anderson and the crazy press. Some of the unwanted attention goes to Seagal and when it comes to Anderson he can have a little laugh to himself because they are askng questions about steven fucking seagal, so really, its Anderson who is in control.

Be like water.
    Tap Forged

Quote Originally Posted by Leiurus View Post
    My theory:

I dont know the first thing about steven seagal or his credentials. I havent even seen his movies. But its clear what anderson is doing and how this relationship works for the spider.

Have you guys seen 'Like Water'?
    During the documentary Silva's manager is being filmed coordinating and translating a conference call before the first fight. Silva is being dismissive of all the questions form callers, he seems really pissed off, jaded, and tired of the whole jamboree and is giving one word answers and Ed Soares is obviously embarrassed. Then a caller asks if Silva has changed anything up for the fight with Sonnen, Silva answers in Portuguese and Soares translates, hardly able to keep a straight face at the joke answer that Silva has made, "yea, i got Steven Seagal in". Up to that point Ed Soares didn't know about this, you can tell from the "what the fuck" expression on his face. Silva was taking the piss on a conference call, and then he must have thought it would be funny to play it out. He is just having his fun with the press and the fans becuase... well.... wtf else is he going to do? He could attack and get angry and tell everyone to fuck off and leave him alone; play the bad guy. He could try hide and avoid everyone. He is being like water. Fame goes with his success but he gets tired of the attention and all the same questions over and over. Anderson is also like a big kid. He's a bit of a joker. His attitude in the ring is to relax and have fun with it; he believes this is how you get the best out of yourself. He's doing the same with Seagal. Seagal is like a big demented buffer zone between Anderson and the crazy press. Some of the unwanted attention goes to Seagal and when it comes to Anderson he can have a little laugh to himself because they are askng questions about steven fucking seagal, so really, its Anderson who is in control.

Be like water.
    you clearly havnt seen under siege fren

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    you clearly havnt seen under siege fren
    yeah, the man made a bomb out of a microwave. so surely he can help coach a MMA fighter to victory?

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    yeah, the man made a bomb out of a microwave. so surely he can help coach a MMA fighter to victory?

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7430/seagall.png

He`s just a cook!

haha good un.

seriously though i wonder what the game is here. i cant see anything seagal has that would be of any use to him. and i used to aikido many years ago and was a fan of seagal so im not clueless on what he can do.

I was so in love with that girl,
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    seriously though i wonder what the game is here. i cant see anything seagal has that would be of any use to him. and i used to aikido many years ago and was a fan of seagal so im not clueless on what he can do.
    looked like some flashy aikido shit for anderson to move out the way of that spinning elbow

Why would he not use Seagal? Everyone knows Aikido is better than wrestling.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/