Thread: skipping rope - help

Hybrid View

Default skipping rope - help

Hi

I am 5ft 10 ins tall, looking for a speed skipping rope, bought a golds gym rope and it's too short and gets tangled up easy.

Asked a boxer friend of mine what they are using at my old boxing gym and it's just a reebok skipping rope but probably too short and can't find the rope he's on about - and i've even tried to find the rope that amir khan might be using as he's sponsored by reebok to my knowledge.

So can anyone recommend any brands/lengths for me that won't tangle, long enough and i can skip reasonablly quick with that i can buy on the high street or somewhere else on line.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mikiesbuk; 13-07-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Try sports direct, they have a few different types and sizes. If you can get to a store they'll let you try them for size too.

I don't think I've seen a Reebok one in there but they got others?

Mate, these adjustable cable skipping ropes are the future. I used them when Crossfit training and I've seen some fighters training with them in the gym.
    They are great. Very fast and adjustable to any size.
    I picked mine up off eBay for about 10. Here is a link so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/ampr...peed-rope.html