Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fightstars rage in the cage fightcard

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    PT'd Bart tonight, big lads good to go.
    I hope they have adequate medical staff in place, he's a dangerous man. Anyone know much about sweeneys gym? I get the impression that it's more of a boxing club. Have any of the guys fighting out of sweeneys had pro mma fights?
    Fuck no-gi

First time in Scotland so get your tickets and see me for yourselves.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    I hope they have adequate medical staff in place, he's a dangerous man. Anyone know much about sweeneys gym? I get the impression that it's more of a boxing club. Have any of the guys fighting out of sweeneys had pro mma fights?
    Yeah it's mainly a boxing gym but I popped my head in a few weeks back and they've got an MMA area with cage and mate etc on a separate room. Looks a decent wee set up.

No idea whether any of their fighters have had MMA bouts before. I've asked promoter for fight card with records etc. will post it up if I get it before the event.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Yeah it's mainly a boxing gym but I popped my head in a few weeks back and they've got an MMA area with cage and mate etc on a separate room. Looks a decent wee set up.
    Well I'm sure all their opponents will be looking to shoot at every opportunity so if they haven't worked on their sprawl or got decent jits they'll be exposed pretty quickly. I predict some GNP stoppages or subs.
    Fuck no-gi

i predict bart to smash someones face open. guys a monster. i feel kinda bad for his opponent. i might go just to watch that
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Dont suppose you have ever even met me. Here is your chance then, buy a ticket!
    I have met you, you were a last minute replacement at made for the cage and fought jonny goodall. Jonny knocked you out cold, and you jumped straight on your bike after the fight. Don't know what you hope to achieve by fighting at your age/skill level, but without a doubt you are going to get hurt badly and the promoter won't give a fuck.
    DANNY HENRY PRO LIGHTWEIGHT 2-0

Shaun Taylor promised to win by boston crap.

Stef during your commentating refer to Bart as 'the crazy russian bastard' he loves it

Just noticed "Johnny Quinn" on the card too. That's not THE John Quinn is it?
    Talent is God given, be thankful.
    Fame is Man given, be humble.
    Conceit is Self given, be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA PUP View Post
    I have met you, you were a last minute replacement at made for the cage and fought jonny goodall. Jonny knocked you out cold, and you jumped straight on your bike after the fight. Don't know what you hope to achieve by fighting at your age/skill level, but without a doubt you are going to get hurt badly and the promoter won't give a fuck.
    I second this. Although I did celebrate like I'd won the lottery. I was a bit hyped up, hadn't heard of him before and thought he could have trained longer than I've been alive haha Truthfully though I earned, learned or achieved nothing. Plenty of fighters up here who would have taken it and plenty down south who would take it. Fair play if it's a good match up.
    So is this an all Pro card?
    https://www.facebook.com/JonnyAfroThunderGoodall 66kg Am: 7-3, Pro: 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Stef during your commentating refer to Bart as 'the crazy russian bastard' he loves it
    Top tip, cheers ;-)
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport