Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fightstars rage in the cage fightcard

For those who were asking about rules etc of the fights, here's what I've gathered today.

SEMI-PRO MMA 70KG Lightweight
    Davie ‘The Destroyer’ Mason (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Mike ‘Small and Mighty’ Persil (12 Gauge MMA, Stockport)

K1 75kg Catchweight
    Tony ‘The Menace’ Lindie (Sweeney’s Gym,Paisley) V Jim Dolan (Windsor’s Gym, Coatbridge)

SEMI-PRO MMA 77kg Welterweight
    Jules ‘The Bull’ Loftus (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Jim ‘Chopper’ Riddox (Combat Cagefighters, Leeds)

K1 90kg Catchweight
    Marc Navarro (Skyaxe, Dundee) V Johnny Quinn (Kantane Gym, Glasgow)

PRO B-CLASS MMA 87kg Catchweight
    Davie ‘Puddles’ Cairns (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Bartek Rozmierek (Lycans Gym, Kilmarnock)

K1 110kg Catchweight
    Darren ‘The Widowmaker’ Clark (Bull Gym, Dundee) V Declan McCart (Windsor Gym, Coatbridge)

SEMI-PRO MMA 70kg Lightweight
    Bryan Keegan (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Paul Duffy (Gladiatorial Combat and Glasgow Fitness)

PRO B-CLASS MMA 87kg
    Jay Thawes (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Shaun ‘The Disgrace’ Taylor (Lycan’s MMA, Kilmarnock)

Billy Thomson (Bull Gym, Dundee) v Mark McKean (Sweeney’s Gym)

SEMI-PRO MMA 80kg Catchweight
    Josh Crisp (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Jim Anderson (Bull Gym, Dundee)
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

The old semi pro rules ....?
    pain is the game....TNT.... http://www.tntdundee.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by rabthejab View Post
    The old semi pro rules ....?
    Apparently so, yeah.

thought persil was pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    thought persil was pro?
    Mike Persil is definitely not pro.
    IMO, and that of MANY respected people in the MMA community, should not be fighting at semi-pro either.
    Purely for safety reasons, and to save him from himself, Mike should only be fighting "no headshot" MMA.
    This is not meant as a "slagging" of Mike, as he is a really nice guy, but he does need saving from himself. He is 54(ish) years old now and is, IMO, at risk from serious injury.

P.S. I posted this before reading the thread - I posted it just off seeing the fightcard !!!!!
    Last edited by DeanoW; 27-07-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Dont suppose you have ever even met me. Here is your chance then, buy a ticket!
    Mike, this is a personal plea - I have seen you many times and I am sincere in this request - PLEASE stop taking "headshot" fights. I, along with many others, would hate to see you receive a serious injury.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    Well I'm sure all their opponents will be looking to shoot at every opportunity so if they haven't worked on their sprawl or got decent jits they'll be exposed pretty quickly. I predict some GNP stoppages or subs.
    Shaun and Bart by sub in the first round. EXPOSED!!!
    Fuck no-gi

Davie ‘The Destroyer’ Mason (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Mike ‘Small and Mighty’ Persil (12 Gauge MMA, Stockport)
    SEMI PRO MMA MASON WON BY 11 SEC 1ST ROUND KO

Tony ‘The Menace’ Lindie (Sweeney’s Gym,Paisley) V Jim Dolan (Windsor’s Gym, Coatbridge)
    K2 FIGHT ?? (K1 NO KICKS) LINDIE BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

SEMI-PRO MMA 77kg Welterweight
    Jules ‘The Bull’ Loftus (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Jim ‘Chopper’ Riddox (Combat Cagefighters, Leeds)
    RIDDOX PULLED ON DAY OF FIGHT

K1 90kg Catchweight
    Marc Navarro (Skyaxe, Dundee) V Johnny Quinn (Kantane Gym, Glasgow)
    NAVARRO 2ND RD KO BODY SHOT

PRO B-CLASS MMA 87kg Catchweight
    Davie ‘Puddles’ Cairns (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Bartek Rozmierek (Lycans Gym, Kilmarnock)
    BART BY RNC EARLY IN RD 1

K1 110kg Catchweight
    Darren ‘The Widowmaker’ Clark (Bull Gym, Dundee) V Declan McCart (Windsor Gym, Coatbridge)
    BILLED AS K1, FOUGHT AS MMA. NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED THERE. CLARK WON BY VERBAL SUB RD 2.

Bryan Keegan (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Paul Duffy (Gladiatorial Combat and Glasgow Fitness)
    PAUL DUFFY BY 1ST RD TKO GNP

PRO B-CLASS MMA 87kg
    Jay Thawes (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Shaun ‘The Disgrace’ Taylor (Lycan’s MMA, Kilmarnock)
    TAYLOR BY RD1 KIMURA

Billy Thomson (Bull Gym, Dundee) v Mark McKean (Sweeney’s Gym)
    THOMSON BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

SEMI-PRO MMA 80kg Catchweight
    Josh Crisp (Sweeney’s Gym, Paisley) V Jim Anderson (Bull Gym, Dundee)
    FIGHT WAS PULLED

Paul Duffy looked brilliant in his fight. Shot for takedown right from the start, took side control then mount and patiently worked on GNP until he got the finish.

Bart looked every bit as frightening as I was told he would be. Very aggressive, got the knockdown and took the back to lock on the RNC.

Taylor's fight was a bit nippy, both guys goading each other before and during. But Taylor was a class above. His striking looked very dangerous and when it went to the ground he had his way with Thawes, working to a nasty kimura.

Billy Thomson used his reach beautifully and could have won by leg lick, the other lad could barely stand.

Why is Taylor called the disgrace?