Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: giving up bjj, because of..

Default giving up bjj, because of..

This might be daft, but has the thought of catching a skanky infection like ringworm / staph etc been enough to make anyone give up bjj ?

Or is the risk of getting an infection so common that its considered a hazard people r willing to put up with?

Is bjj more susceptible to this manky shit than say judo? ( I.e. little less rolling )

It's pretty rare. I've been training 7.5 years and had nothing. Few people in the club have had stuff, but no major outbreaks.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Not been training as long as Rob, but in the 2 years, no one I know has had anything.

two ppl have had staph one of which was bad but didnt stop any one from training lol
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

I've never had anything and no one I've trained with has had anything serious. I think it's more likely to happen if you do no-gi.
    Fuck no-gi

I've had staph. An intensive course of antibiotics and it went. No problem (just make sure you get it seen to earlier as possible). I've also had cellulitis twice; nothing to do with training- insect bites that got infected. You can pick up infections anywhere, don't let it worry you. Wear clean kit to every session and kindly say no to offers of a reach around.

how bad do you want it pal johny boy has been shot hundrads of times stabbad put in coffen had the yazuka come at me with there samarie swords tryna cut of my head but am still boxin an trainin all the top fighters an got my next ruck comin soon probley gonna be for world title lads
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Johny-Boy/215858055149963?ref=ts wbc world champ 19-0

Had a couple of things a few years back, mainly because we were training at an manky boxing gym at the time. As long as the training area is cleaned on a regular basis and you shower after training your not gotting to catch anything
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee

So is there less chance of getting something if training with the gi ? (Compared to no-gi)

There's more of you covered up so yeah , statistically there's less chance as there's less of you coming into direct contact with the mats
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee