Thread: Level of amateur fights in the UK?

Default Level of amateur fights in the UK?

Im looking to go for my first amateur fight and i was wondering what level its at. Iíve boxed for a year and me and a friend, who has done bjj for 8 years, train the ground game together, both as independent fighters. Would i be ready to fight at an amateur event yet? i feel i can strike quite well and played high level rugby for 4 years so have a good sprawl and takedown defence, just looking to see what you all think and any tips etc. Thanks.

i dont think your rugby is advanced enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    i dont think your rugby is advanced enough yet
    Well i meant i had good balance from it and am used to picking up/ taking down guys from it.
    Feel a bit of a cock now...

lol i wasnt sure if you were just trolling

amateur level isnt high, but you still need a ground game of some description... a blue belt level in bjj tends to wipe the floor with the majority of people at that level

It's impossible to say withought seeing you at least do some training. Why not video a training/sparring session and put it up for people to see?
    www.KAOBON.com www.AUTOSTYLEALLOYWHEELS.CO.UK www.BODYFUEL.COM www.ASSECURITYLIMITED.COM