Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Duffy leaves MMA for pro boxing

Default Joe Duffy leaves MMA for pro boxing

It sadens me to see such a top prospect leave the sport, irrespective of boxing or not. I've had the pleasure of calling Joe's fights, watching him train and spending time with him outside of MMA. He's a really easy going, humble guy with bundles of talent. I believe he'll make it as a pro boxer, but I'm convinced he would have made a run at the UFC. I'm sure it's the right decision for him and I wish him the best of luck. Here's an interview he did with the Daily Sport:

http://dailysport.co.uk/sport/daily-...-to-joe-duffy/
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Damn. Major gutted to see that!
    Thundercatting across the universe...

good luck to Joe.

i was wondering last week when he'd be fighting next.

No reason he cant to both, awesome to watch him fight MMA

Great talent , think he may one day return to Mma it's so addictive!!!

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

you heard it here first
    Duffy will become a world Champion. The kid has sick striking

Very gifted young man. Great kid too with manners respect and positive attitude - another person I have known as a young boy way back in the traditional JJ days!

I wish him nothing but the best! Go get em mate.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Met Joe and watched him fight several times - he's definitely gifted and was a well-rounded MMA fighter, and great lad to boot. We'll likely see him back in the future, but 'boxing money' is pretty good and if he can get a promoter to build him in the right way then he's got every chance of doing well.

On a similar note, Danny Mitchell has his pro boxing debut next month in Barnsley for any of you boxing heads that are interested.

Administrator

Really disappointed that we won't be seeing Joe back in the cage again but he wouldn't have walked away from a promising career in MMA unless there was serious potential in him as a boxer. Good luck to him.

Really suprised by this as Joe was on track for the UFC imo, but he is so talented he can excel in whatever he chooses to do, all the best to him.
    MMA (9-2 8 subs) Sponsored Athlete under Tatami Fight Wear, G&S welterweight champion

I was disappointed at first but having seen Joe spar I'm convinced he'll make his mark in boxing. He's ridiculously talented & irritatingly hard working. Only seen a few fighters over the years with "it". He's one of 'em.