Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Wartime Pro Event in October

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Wartime Pro Event in October

    So this is the latest event to be promoted by Mark Wartime Carling.

    His last event UCMMA Contenders in Dundee ended in a shit storm with people not being paid , nightlubs being taken over, baseball bat wielding thugs allegedly turning up at peoples homes and forcing them to leave town.

    Because of this storm accusations of dodgey weigh ins, mismatches , no or unqualified medical staff, making promises on behalf of suppliers he has no agreement with and many other concerning issues where raised about other UCMMA Contender events.

    I must admit I was surprised to see him have another go at it but before he does I would be interested to know what is being done differently this time.

    So Mr Wartime I would appreciate if you could answer some of these questions.

    1)Have you got a Ltd company set up for your promotion?
    2)Will you be paying people in advance on the night?
    3)Who are your medical staff?
    4)Who are your officials?
    5)When and where are the weigh ins?
    6)Who will be conducting the weigh ins?
    7)Will the weigh ins be filmed?
    8)Do you have all the money to pay for the event or are you relying on ticket sales? how is this going?

  2. #2

    Default

    I will personally be popping in to oversee the show Bean, and I will have plenty more information about the preparation of the show by the middle of next week. I have offered Mark our support as long as the correct changes are made and Mark has assured me that I will be impressed. I have a high standard in mind when it comes to the running of shows and I will expect Mark to reach my expectations especially in light of what happened earlier in the year. I feel with our support and Marks passion hopefully vast improvements will be made. If they are not..well everything will be public so the people will see.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I will personally be popping in to oversee the show Bean, and I will have plenty more information about the preparation of the show by the middle of next week. I have offered Mark our support as long as the correct changes are made and Mark has assured me that I will be impressed. I have a high standard in mind when it comes to the running of shows and I will expect Mark to reach my expectations especially in light of what happened earlier in the year. I feel with our support and Marks passion hopefully vast improvements will be made. If they are not..well everything will be public so the people will see.
    Thats good to hear that you are involved however I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.

    It is allot easier to manipulate people by being super nice than it is by being an arsehole.

    I can always tell when somebody is going to ask me to borrow money because they start by being overtly happy to see me and act like I am their long lost father/brother then when we are at the peak of their friendly exchange they hit me with the ASK knowing full well that this will be the most difficult time for me to say know to my good old mucker who is so pleased to see me and loves me so much blah blah blah.

    Same thing I believe people have experienced in the past with Wartime Productions ect......

    When this happens we are all relying on you not to let us down in the face of this bullshit.

    Your attendance whilst reassuring to a degree is not assurance of his ability/willing to eliminate bullshit from his event.

    Credible individuals have worked on previous shows where bullshit has occurred in abundance.

    How would you feel for example if you saw a promoter going into the crowd asking people to fight?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post

    How would you feel for example if you saw a promoter going into the crowd asking people to fight?
    It is something I have witnessed in the past, MMA and boxing. And it is something that has left me disgusted. If I was to witness Mark doing something like that again after the chats we have had then I would turn my back and walk out. Everybody I have dealings with would also be warned and I imagine word of mouth would take care of the rest.

    As for (I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.) I am 36 years old and been around a little bit, im not as naive as you may think. Mark has requested my support in making sure he does things as I see correctly and that is all I am doing. There is no risk for myself or Addicted because if it isnt up to par we simply unattach ourselves. Sure its going to be interesting but I certainly wont be covering over any cracks or smoothing any lumps out. If Mark is to have a second chance in combat sports then he cannot make those mistakes again. I will have some important questions answered next week, and then it will be down to the final product.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    It is something I have witnessed in the past, MMA and boxing. And it is something that has left me disgusted. If I was to witness Mark doing something like that again after the chats we have had then I would turn my back and walk out. Everybody I have dealings with would also be warned and I imagine word of mouth would take care of the rest.

    As for (I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.) I am 36 years old and been around a little bit, im not as naive as you may think. Mark has requested my support in making sure he does things as I see correctly and that is all I am doing. There is no risk for myself or Addicted because if it isnt up to par we simply unattach ourselves. Sure its going to be interesting but I certainly wont be covering over any cracks or smoothing any lumps out. If Mark is to have a second chance in combat sports then he cannot make those mistakes again. I will have some important questions answered next week, and then it will be down to the final product.
    Apologies, If I come across as condescending or patronizing, I respect your experience and ability to do what you have said you will do.

    My warning is simply that others with even greater experience and age have fallen foul so although my expectation is that you will not I feel obliged to alert you of the possibility anyway.

    Hopefully others will come and share information on this subject to help us all have a better understanding of what has happened in the past and what is likely to happen in the future.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post

    As for (I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.) I am 36 years old and been around a little bit, im not as naive as you may think.

    na mate Marc nailed it

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I will personally be popping in to oversee the show Bean, and I will have plenty more information about the preparation of the show by the middle of next week. I have offered Mark our support as long as the correct changes are made and Mark has assured me that I will be impressed. I have a high standard in mind when it comes to the running of shows and I will expect Mark to reach my expectations especially in light of what happened earlier in the year. I feel with our support and Marks passion hopefully vast improvements will be made. If they are not..well everything will be public so the people will see.

    why do you mean by support? Are addicted covering the show as media or working it in some capacity?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    why do you mean by support? Are addicted covering the show as media or working it in some capacity?
    No just coming in to advise. Im intrigued by the premise and I want to see if it can be done and try to help with simplifying what could be issues. Its early days yet but I feel Mark is very sincere in wanting to make a quality production rather than trying to rush to the front and take short cuts.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    No just coming in to advise. Im intrigued by the premise and I want to see if it can be done and try to help with simplifying what could be issues. Its early days yet but I feel Mark is very sincere in wanting to make a quality production rather than trying to rush to the front and take short cuts.
    The premise of "mixed martial attacking"? Isn't it just 'UK-1'? Sounds like shit tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    I also will not ref unless the rules are clear and safe and fighters are matched appropriately, as mark knows and agrees
    On the day of the event last time weren't you posting on facebook asking if anybody wanted to go up to Scotland for a fight?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    No just coming in to advise. Im intrigued by the premise and I want to see if it can be done and try to help with simplifying what could be issues. Its early days yet but I feel Mark is very sincere in wanting to make a quality production rather than trying to rush to the front and take short cuts.
    No offence mate I really don't get that. As far as I know you haven't ran a show yourself? I don't doubt for a second you cant help but my worry is why does he need the help. Mark has run multiple shows already and also worked closely under Dave o Donnell who's show is one of the best run in the country logistically

    I hope you wont be used as a scapegoat if things go wrong

    I have to say I've been to one of Marks shows before and it seemed pretty decent, that Scotland show caused a massive stir though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.