Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Wartime Pro Event in October

  1. #1

    Default Wartime Pro Event in October

    So this is the latest event to be promoted by Mark Wartime Carling.

    His last event UCMMA Contenders in Dundee ended in a shit storm with people not being paid , nightlubs being taken over, baseball bat wielding thugs allegedly turning up at peoples homes and forcing them to leave town.

    Because of this storm accusations of dodgey weigh ins, mismatches , no or unqualified medical staff, making promises on behalf of suppliers he has no agreement with and many other concerning issues where raised about other UCMMA Contender events.

    I must admit I was surprised to see him have another go at it but before he does I would be interested to know what is being done differently this time.

    So Mr Wartime I would appreciate if you could answer some of these questions.

    1)Have you got a Ltd company set up for your promotion?
    2)Will you be paying people in advance on the night?
    3)Who are your medical staff?
    4)Who are your officials?
    5)When and where are the weigh ins?
    6)Who will be conducting the weigh ins?
    7)Will the weigh ins be filmed?
    8)Do you have all the money to pay for the event or are you relying on ticket sales? how is this going?

  2. #2

    Default

    I will personally be popping in to oversee the show Bean, and I will have plenty more information about the preparation of the show by the middle of next week. I have offered Mark our support as long as the correct changes are made and Mark has assured me that I will be impressed. I have a high standard in mind when it comes to the running of shows and I will expect Mark to reach my expectations especially in light of what happened earlier in the year. I feel with our support and Marks passion hopefully vast improvements will be made. If they are not..well everything will be public so the people will see.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I will personally be popping in to oversee the show Bean, and I will have plenty more information about the preparation of the show by the middle of next week. I have offered Mark our support as long as the correct changes are made and Mark has assured me that I will be impressed. I have a high standard in mind when it comes to the running of shows and I will expect Mark to reach my expectations especially in light of what happened earlier in the year. I feel with our support and Marks passion hopefully vast improvements will be made. If they are not..well everything will be public so the people will see.
    Thats good to hear that you are involved however I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.

    It is allot easier to manipulate people by being super nice than it is by being an arsehole.

    I can always tell when somebody is going to ask me to borrow money because they start by being overtly happy to see me and act like I am their long lost father/brother then when we are at the peak of their friendly exchange they hit me with the ASK knowing full well that this will be the most difficult time for me to say know to my good old mucker who is so pleased to see me and loves me so much blah blah blah.

    Same thing I believe people have experienced in the past with Wartime Productions ect......

    When this happens we are all relying on you not to let us down in the face of this bullshit.

    Your attendance whilst reassuring to a degree is not assurance of his ability/willing to eliminate bullshit from his event.

    Credible individuals have worked on previous shows where bullshit has occurred in abundance.

    How would you feel for example if you saw a promoter going into the crowd asking people to fight?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post

    How would you feel for example if you saw a promoter going into the crowd asking people to fight?
    It is something I have witnessed in the past, MMA and boxing. And it is something that has left me disgusted. If I was to witness Mark doing something like that again after the chats we have had then I would turn my back and walk out. Everybody I have dealings with would also be warned and I imagine word of mouth would take care of the rest.

    As for (I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.) I am 36 years old and been around a little bit, im not as naive as you may think. Mark has requested my support in making sure he does things as I see correctly and that is all I am doing. There is no risk for myself or Addicted because if it isnt up to par we simply unattach ourselves. Sure its going to be interesting but I certainly wont be covering over any cracks or smoothing any lumps out. If Mark is to have a second chance in combat sports then he cannot make those mistakes again. I will have some important questions answered next week, and then it will be down to the final product.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    It is something I have witnessed in the past, MMA and boxing. And it is something that has left me disgusted. If I was to witness Mark doing something like that again after the chats we have had then I would turn my back and walk out. Everybody I have dealings with would also be warned and I imagine word of mouth would take care of the rest.

    As for (I would warn you that many have fallen for charm in the past and regretted it.) I am 36 years old and been around a little bit, im not as naive as you may think. Mark has requested my support in making sure he does things as I see correctly and that is all I am doing. There is no risk for myself or Addicted because if it isnt up to par we simply unattach ourselves. Sure its going to be interesting but I certainly wont be covering over any cracks or smoothing any lumps out. If Mark is to have a second chance in combat sports then he cannot make those mistakes again. I will have some important questions answered next week, and then it will be down to the final product.
    Apologies, If I come across as condescending or patronizing, I respect your experience and ability to do what you have said you will do.

    My warning is simply that others with even greater experience and age have fallen foul so although my expectation is that you will not I feel obliged to alert you of the possibility anyway.

    Hopefully others will come and share information on this subject to help us all have a better understanding of what has happened in the past and what is likely to happen in the future.

  6. #6

    Default

    Stuff like this...

    Wartime.Pro is not your average fight show, with fighters competing over shorter more action packed rounds, and removing the ground game, this is mixed martial attacking.....
    ...gets right on my tits.

    So it's kickboxing then? So do it in a ring, and get it sanctioned by one of the many kickboxing bodies out there. If I'm a kickboxing fan, I don't want to see guys fighting in a cage with MMA gloves. If I'm an MMA fan, I don't want the ground game to be removed.

    I doubt most people will ever know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about what went on in Dundee. I'm not even sure I want to know. But I've heard the stories from both sides and neutral parties, as well as some of the stuff that went on at Mark's previous Contender's show...there's a lot of work to be done to right the wrongs, lets put it that way.

    For all involved, including Mark, I hope the show goes well, is properly matched, nobody gets hurt and everyone gets paid. But for someone trying to build (or rebuild) a reputation as an MMA promoter, putting on a tourney with a bastardised rule set with no ground work seems very counter-intuitive.

    Couple of other questions for Bean's list...

    - Will fighters get full medicals after each fight?
    - Will the doctor have the authority to pull a fighter from the tourney if he/she feels that he is unfit to continue?
    - What rules, exactly, will the bouts be fought under? (I see a lot of fights on MMA shows dubbed 'K-1' which don't follow the K-1 rule set at all)
    Last edited by brashleyholland; 14-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

  7. #7

    Default

    Wait. So I can start up a promotion with little to no experience, qualifications or morals?!
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    Wait. So I can start up a promotion with little to no experience, qualifications or morals?!
    You most certainly can, many do, however you should not.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I will personally be popping in to oversee the show Bean, and I will have plenty more information about the preparation of the show by the middle of next week. I have offered Mark our support as long as the correct changes are made and Mark has assured me that I will be impressed. I have a high standard in mind when it comes to the running of shows and I will expect Mark to reach my expectations especially in light of what happened earlier in the year. I feel with our support and Marks passion hopefully vast improvements will be made. If they are not..well everything will be public so the people will see.

    why do you mean by support? Are addicted covering the show as media or working it in some capacity?

  10. #10

    Default

    I will be refereeing the fights
    Mark paid me last time and has promised payment upfront this time as well

    I guarantee there will be a rules meeting and I will keep fighter safety at the forefront of my decisions
    I also will not ref unless the rules are clear and safe and fighters are matched appropriately, as mark knows and agrees

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.