Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartime Pro Event in October

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    why do you mean by support? Are addicted covering the show as media or working it in some capacity?
    No just coming in to advise. Im intrigued by the premise and I want to see if it can be done and try to help with simplifying what could be issues. Its early days yet but I feel Mark is very sincere in wanting to make a quality production rather than trying to rush to the front and take short cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    No just coming in to advise. Im intrigued by the premise and I want to see if it can be done and try to help with simplifying what could be issues. Its early days yet but I feel Mark is very sincere in wanting to make a quality production rather than trying to rush to the front and take short cuts.
    The premise of "mixed martial attacking"? Isn't it just 'UK-1'? Sounds like shit tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    I also will not ref unless the rules are clear and safe and fighters are matched appropriately, as mark knows and agrees
    On the day of the event last time weren't you posting on facebook asking if anybody wanted to go up to Scotland for a fight?

No offence mate I really don't get that. As far as I know you haven't ran a show yourself? I don't doubt for a second you cant help but my worry is why does he need the help. Mark has run multiple shows already and also worked closely under Dave o Donnell who's show is one of the best run in the country logistically

I hope you wont be used as a scapegoat if things go wrong

I have to say I've been to one of Marks shows before and it seemed pretty decent, that Scotland show caused a massive stir though

Yes I asked if anyone wanted to be matched last minute
    Nothing wrong with that
    I wouldn't hebe taken anyone with me who wasn't capable

Not sure what value you can add. That's not meaning to sound disrespectful but if he doesn't know what he is doing by now then no matter who he gets in it wont make a blind bit of difference.

Where is the full card? There WILL be mismatches on this.

Don't believe that Brad will not do if there are mismatches on.

This will end negatively and excuses will come so hope others do not get blamed in the midst of it all.
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    Not sure what value you can add. That's not meaning to sound disrespectful but if he doesn't know what he is doing by now then no matter who he gets in it wont make a blind bit of difference.

This will end negatively and excuses will come so hope others do not get blamed in the midst of it all.
    I probably cant add anything, and like it has been pointed out I have never run a show. That`s not to say that I couldn't though. The thing I could do is disagree with things that I dont feel should be added.

At the end of the day Mark realizes he has made mistakes, and he wants to rectify them. Im going in to see the product and to give him a truthful answer on how I feel it has all gone. If I dont like it, I will tell Mark, if I like it, I will also tell him. There is no gain in this for myself or AddictedMMA, and we are certainly not looking for cheap ways to make fast money. We have never worked like that and we have no intentions of starting. But if it works, if its safe, and if it gives a few fighters out there an opportunity then i will give it my approval. If I think its a massive hash up then I would reccomend people stay away from it.

But I have a good feeling about it and I will give Mark a second chance, I know a lot of people wont for whatever reasons.
    Only time will tell us how this turns out but tune into the AddictedMMA PPV channel for 40 an episode and we will get to the bottom of this.

Say what you want about Mark Carling but he's not a quitter...

TKO (Hurt Pride)
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Say what you want about Mark Carling but he's not a quitter...
    Irrelevant, Neither was Osama Bin Laden.

Then you clearly don't know me. I will not allow two fighters to compete if I feel
    One has no possibility of being competetative. Combat officials for example will
    Not referee any fights mike persil is involved in

My company is highly respected and professional. Don't appreciate you doubting me based on nothings

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
    irrelevant, neither was osama bin laden.
    lol........
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!