Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wartime Pro Event in October

So is anyone actually going to tell us how the event went? was it good? was it bad? etc details please
    For your MMA Fix, Don't Hit the Pit anymore coz its shut

Quote Originally Posted by ACER View Post
    So is anyone actually going to tell us how the event went? was it good? was it bad? etc details please
    All I can give you is second hand but a significant percentage of people in attendance who went including fighters and other staff told me it was the worse event they have ever experienced.
    The Fighter who fought twice after losing by TKO is confirmed fact.
    Some people paid and others not again is confirmed fact.

Mark Carling's phone off - fact.

Bean do you know how many were in attendance? looking at those pics it doesn't look like many

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

where was the event?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I lol'd when I read this because I did.

I'd like to franchise iCafe please, give me your money.
    Duncan was pretty shrewd on this as they were all caught up on how small the return would be split over 3 premises (70k divided by 3 premises) where only 2 were money makers so if fact the profit was split between 2!
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

I would hazzard a guess at about 130 in attendance. Most of those sat ringside, cheaper seats possibly only about 10-15 people. I was pretty ill on the saturday and I can only remember 4 fights happening but there was possibly 5. "2 fights were very good especially the fight with Aftab Miah vs one of the boys fighting under Jack Magee, that was a cracker. The other good fight was the one from the pic with the guy in boots. When they came out it looked like a horrible mismatch but was a great fight. 2 of the fights with the guy that fought twice were not good. And of course there was a no-show for the final fight of the night as well as 3 guys pulling out a couple of hours before the show. Trainwreck is a suitable description.

The lad who fought twice quit in the first fight due to a few leg kicks. From what we were told he begged to get in for a second fight and he confirmed this himself after the show. He was doing ok until he got leg kicked again and then called it off again. Foolish move from the lad and its certainly not good to see. There was no MMA fights on this show, im not particularly knowledgeable about kickboxing shows but all of the rounds were very short. It was a very delayed start due to the fights being diminished and quite a few guys were really pissed off with the delay. I remember everybody ringside had a roast dinner at one point as well, not sure why but i was amused as all you could hear was everybody smacking chops and the sound of cutlery and it was a pleasant moment of calm. Certainly nothing positive has come from the show and im pretty sure we wont see Mark running one again. He tried he failed, its time to put it to bed as far as im concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    where was the event?
    It was held in the big travel lodge on brighton seafront. Not a bad venue but there was a very large chandelier to close to the ring for my liking. The staff were very good as well and drinks cost 4. So not too pricey for a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I would hazzard a guess at about 130 in attendance. Most of those sat ringside, cheaper seats possibly only about 10-15 people. I was pretty ill on the saturday and I can only remember 4 fights happening but there was possibly 5. "2 fights were very good especially the fight with Aftab Miah vs one of the boys fighting under Jack Magee, that was a cracker. The other good fight was the one from the pic with the guy in boots. When they came out it looked like a horrible mismatch but was a great fight. 2 of the fights with the guy that fought twice were not good. And of course there was a no-show for the final fight of the night as well as 3 guys pulling out a couple of hours before the show. Trainwreck is a suitable description.

The lad who fought twice quit in the first fight due to a few leg kicks. From what we were told he begged to get in for a second fight and he confirmed this himself after the show. He was doing ok until he got leg kicked again and then called it off again. Foolish move from the lad and its certainly not good to see. There was no MMA fights on this show, im not particularly knowledgeable about kickboxing shows but all of the rounds were very short. It was a very delayed start due to the fights being diminished and quite a few guys were really pissed off with the delay. I remember everybody ringside had a roast dinner at one point as well, not sure why but i was amused as all you could hear was everybody smacking chops and the sound of cutlery and it was a pleasant moment of calm. Certainly nothing positive has come from the show and im pretty sure we wont see Mark running one again. He tried he failed, its time to put it to bed as far as im concerned.
    That sounds wank.

Last edited by Ben CQ; 29-07-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

HAHAHA @Ben that reply made my day lol

Quote Originally Posted by ACER View Post
    HAHAHA @Ben that reply made my day lol
    The Mark Carling vs. BakedBean saga has got quite interesting over the past twenty four hours to be honest with you.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/