Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartime Pro Event in October

I'm watching closely to learn about the landscape of this show. I've never been a fan of Mr Carling, the way he promotes MMA and I've been vocal about hybrid fight styles. That said, we all learn by our mistakes and hopefully take constructive criticism and make improvements. Paramedics, pre/ post fight medical, bloods should be an absolute tangible given...match making is a little more subjective. So, if some details about the card, rule sets and infrastructure were posted then we will be in a better position to analyse.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJunior View Post
    I'm watching closely to learn about the landscape of this show. I've never been a fan of Mr Carling, the way he promotes MMA and I've been vocal about hybrid fight styles. That said, we all learn by our mistakes and hopefully take constructive criticism and make improvements. Paramedics, pre/ post fight medical, bloods should be an absolute tangible given...match making is a little more subjective. So, if some details about the card, rule sets and infrastructure were posted then we will be in a better position to analyse.
    I dont believe we will ever see the show again Johnjunior. I myself told Mark at the end of the show it was time to call it a day with the promoting and he should source work under promoters rather than do it himself. Its easily said but Mark was befallen by a lot of bad luck on fight day. Sometimes in this circumstance you just have to cancel the show and if you cant financially do that then its best your not in that position in the first place. Unfortunately for Mark he is that person and his passion tends to run away from him.

Pretty much everything I have heard thus far has proven to be accurate.

Mark will forever be known as Mark "Warcrime" Carling.

To sum it up the whole thing is an unsafe abortion of an event clouded by compulsive lying and deceipt to cover up the promoters obvious ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I dont believe we will ever see the show again Johnjunior. I myself told Mark at the end of the show it was time to call it a day with the promoting and he should source work under promoters rather than do it himself. Its easily said but Mark was befallen by a lot of bad luck on fight day. Sometimes in this circumstance you just have to cancel the show and if you cant financially do that then its best your not in that position in the first place. Unfortunately for Mark he is that person and his passion tends to run away from him.
    We're obviously still in the dark about the finer detail, but it sounds to me that the sport will be better off without it. Fly-by-night promoters need to look at the failings of things like this and leave the shows to the guys who are trying to do the right thing by the fighters and community.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Its easily said but Mark was befallen by a lot of bad luck on fight day.
    Come on, everyone has things happen on event day/just before. He's obviously not done his homework properly.

Did you not watch Dragon's Den last night? It's all about doing your homework when starting a new business/venture. Maybe he was too arrogant to want to take advice of people or just assume things would fall into place
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Agreed John and Equalizer. I feel its important to use credible gyms as well to source your fighters. They are credible in the first place because there fighters show up and are in shape. Not having a back up plan is always going to be a no-no. But using a cedible gym its less likely to go tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    Did you not watch Dragon's Den last night? It's all about doing your homework when starting a new business/venture.
    I lol'd when I read this because I did.

I'd like to franchise iCafe please, give me your money.

If I ever hear that Warcrime is in anyway involved with promoting an event I will make sure that everybody from the venue owner to the local HSE Officer knows that the show should not happen and exactly why it should not.

He is an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post
    a pic i found of the show
    This is the most depressing picture i have ever seen in an MMA event!

It's like in Alan Partridge when he does that event at the Norwich Travel Tavern and Sue Cook pulls out.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/