View Poll Results: Turn-based grappling game - sound good or not?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sounds superb my good man!

1 16.67%
  • Hmmm, possibly, but I need a bit more convincing

3 50.00%
  • Nah, bollocks mate

1 16.67%
  • Boobs

1 16.67%

Thread: Does a turn-based BJJ/grappling game sound like something you'd be interested in?

Hybrid View

Default Does a turn-based BJJ/grappling game sound like something you'd be interested in?

Good folks of the CW forum, I'm just gathering a general consensus on the idea of a turn-based grappling game (possibly for mobile devices), and I'm asking the simple question: Would this idea appeal to you?

Thanks in advance, and all that jazz
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Possibly. Something that plays along the lines of the TNA mobile game would probably work quite well.

How would that work? Would each move have a % chance of success?

Can't give away too many secrets but yeah. The success of each move would depend on player skill (which can be trained), general difficulty, and energy levels.

I would describe the concept as "probability based fight-chess".

Quote Originally Posted by HomerPlata View Post

I would describe the concept as "probability based fight-chess".
    Could you maybe tart that up so it doesn't sound so.... tea drinkerish?

Maybe jazz it with an idea born out of coffee drinking like say... "Probability based face smash killer ninja'esque no homo"

By all means use that as the tagline, I want 40% royalties.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Could you maybe tart that up so it doesn't sound so.... tea drinkerish?

Maybe jazz it with an idea born out of coffee drinking like say... "Probability based face smash killer ninja'esque no homo"

By all means use that as the tagline, I want 40% royalties.
    Greetings brother! Did the virus warning from t'other place drive you back here too?

Thanks for the marketing advice mate, I was almost about to go with the line "Wrestling other men in lycra doesn't have to be gay...", but you saved me there

A lot of the work is already at an advanced stage, to the point where I can say this: It will either be jaw-droppingly impressive, or a brutal failure. Certain massive aspects hinge on individual things happening. But I've said too much!

PS. If you can have a word with Starbucks about some corporate sponsorship, there would be a few quid in it for ya

Good to see you again brother, indeed the lack of chat has forced my spam outward onto the interwebs again, though you seem to have been quiet on ther for some time. I was almost concerned you were a certain someone for awhile.

I shall happily test said game on my awesomesauce S3 (iPhone killer for all you no0bs out there) however if there is close up male nudity like on those pics you kept asking if you could send me - at that point in my best Den voice, I'm oot!

Will do dude, though Starbucks is for no0bs these days, thats like my dirty little cheap fix, I grind fresh at home these days - I also make coffee BOOM!

So how the fuck are ye? Apart from making gay wrasslin apps?

Which certain someone did you fear I might be? I am most certainly me, and always have been

You're in luck anyway, coz it's only being developed for Android at the moment (even though I have an iPhone - I just don't have any iPhone programming skillzes), so all your gay wrestling needs will be catered for!

Not been up to much, mate. Just been keepin a bit low-key, noamsayin'. You alright like?

I may drop it you in a pm....someone else may have mentioned it already but meh if they didnt... (makes this sound mysterious to everyone else eh!!)

See, says it all really Tea drinking iPhone user.....I rest my case about you tea drinkers with that statement! Any chance you could spice it up with a Carano v Rousey nekkid bonus round mode? That shit would sell like the bomb (or get downloaded illegally lots)

All good in the hood here homie, been living the dream somewhat of late

Ha! I could make an attempt at the Carano-Rousey match-up in version 2 if ya like mate, once I've raked in a huge amount of sales and all that

I shall check my PMs now...