Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pietro Menga Remaining Grounded After Saadeh Win

Hybrid View

Default Pietro Menga Remaining Grounded After Saadeh Win

Pietro Menga (7-0) speaks about his recent step up in class against Rany Saadeh (3-1), the clinical arm bar that finished the fight and more.

His thoughts on Rany:

"Rany was a very good opponent; one of the best unbeaten flyweights coming out of Germany, so it was nice to see myself put in such a dominant performance.

"He didn't surprise me at all. I knew he had skills, but I always kept an open mind in the fight.

"I noticed that in a lot of his fights he pressures his opponent right from the bell with strikes, and they always seem to fold.

"That wasn't going to happen with me. I've been training in Muay Thai for too long. I think this was a little bit of a shock to him; not something he's used to."
    Full interview here: http://www.britmma.co.uk//pietro-men...deh/4568888961
    Dean Parr, owner of BritMMA.co.uk...Check it out!!!!

Another good win, I'd like to see Menga vs Hyslop.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    Another good win, I'd like to see Menga vs Hyslop.
    Id like to see it on OMMAC 16 for fly title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS ZORBA View Post
    Id like to see it on OMMAC 16 for fly title!!!
    Yeah hopefully you get it on Chris.

thats a good fight. menga hasnt fought anyone of a high caliber yet. he looks good in all his fights but is running through guys who arent highly ranked. hissy has been in there with the best and either beat them or was beating them and got caught. i think it would be a step up for menga.
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

Quote Originally Posted by james macalister View Post
    thats a good fight. menga hasnt fought anyone of a high caliber yet. he looks good in all his fights but is running through guys who arent highly ranked. hissy has been in there with the best and either beat them or was beating them and got caught. i think it would be a step up for menga.
    He has fought Ally McCrae who had a lot of potential and the young German lad at the weekend was undefeated but as you say Hyslop would definitely be his biggest test if they fight, would have also been a good fight for yourself if you could have stayed at flyweight.

i wanted that fight at fly, but every time i was making my cut it became harder to lose the weight and always had more to lose each time. im not gna be massive at bantamweight but am workin on it lol

For the uninformed could you give Hyslops first name?

Quote Originally Posted by manik View Post
    for the uninformed could you give hyslops first name?

brian hyslop

Menga vs Hyslop is a great fight.
    Professional Bantamweight, Record 5-2