Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] Olivier Pastor v Liam James

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default [VIDEO] Olivier Pastor v Liam James

Gutted for Liam James losing this one having been ahead and looking impressive. Still reckon he'll be a unit at bantamweight.

16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

fuck knows how he makes that weight. hes giant
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

Haha was real hard ill admit like but no way was it beating me when i set my mind on something its getting done even if it kills me i made a few mistakes with the refuel this time which is why i only performed to 40% of my ability next tym ill b making no mistakes n we shall see how i get on then
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

It was a decent and close fight, not sure why people keep bringing up 'being ahead on points' though?. It's like saying we were 1 nil up with 5 minutes to play and lost 2 goals in 5 minutes to lose the game. The whole game is taken into account not just the being ahead. Plus things can change so quickly in MMA which is the beauty of it.

Liam showed good pressure and strength to control the fight but Olivier was active off his back and probably edged the stand-up, no shame for anyone. Think Liam will be a force in the UK BW division.
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    It was a decent and close fight, not sure why people keep bringing up 'being ahead on points' though?. It's like saying we were 1 nil up with 5 minutes to play and lost 2 goals in 5 minutes to lose the game.
    And if that were to happen in football, the main talking point afterwards would be how that team had left the game behind them. It's the same concept here. Liam was ahead but was caught by a good piece of opportunism from Pastor.

You're right, of course. Pastor deserved the win because he seized the chance to finish the fight when it arrived. But it's still relevant that people are pointing to how Liam had performed well up until that point - probably because it was his first fight at that weight and he showed that he's still capable of pushing the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    It was a decent and close fight, not sure why people keep bringing up 'being ahead on points' though?. It's like saying we were 1 nil up with 5 minutes to play and lost 2 goals in 5 minutes to lose the game. The whole game is taken into account not just the being ahead. Plus things can change so quickly in MMA which is the beauty of it.

Liam showed good pressure and strength to control the fight but Olivier was active off his back and probably edged the stand-up, no shame for anyone. Think Liam will be a force in the UK BW division.
    Totally agree mate it doesnt matter who was winning its who won that counts at the end of the day n it was pastor that used his experience to capitalise on a slight error i made so hats off to him well done but if we ever fight again ill not b makin same mistakes For him to take advantage of
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

I agree with Paul D, the talking point would be the team couldn't hold on for the win after being ahead, Well done to Pastor though, showed his experience with a nice finish. Looking forward to Pastor's bantamweight title fight with Aranda at On Top. Liam's guns look too big for a bantamweight lol be interesting to see who he fights next.

Tbf it was a great finish by an experienced veteran, how tall are you Liam?

Mike Wooten would be a good fight for you at BW i reckon...

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Tbf it was a great finish by an experienced veteran, how tall are you Liam?

Mike Wooten would be a good fight for you at BW i reckon...
    Was going to post this last night, James V Wooten would be a crackin' scrap
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum