Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Smashes discussion thread (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    A quick recap of this week:

"Where's my book?"
    Get out
    "Give me my book"
    No
    "Give me my book"
    Just go outside please so I look good and I'll get it
    "You had a phone"
    Sorry Dana
    "YOU SCUM FUCKS"
    Sorry Dana
    "Now an Australian is thru because of you lot!"
    UK Lightweight smashed the Aus, again
    Pretty much sums it up.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Mike Wilkinson... first time i've really got to see him and the guy is a beast! Looks like a right tank for 155lbs.
    Wilky's last few fights have been at 145lb
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    Wilky's last few fights have been at 145lb
    Really? He must be huge for that weight!
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    I fell into the aussie hype a little bit when sot. first hit the scene, after a couple of 'gimme' fights that he won he was genuinely being talked about here as in line for a title shot LOL. glad he got exposed when he did, i think he's a very limited fighter. Ross bashes him on the feet, george is decent on the ground but i think Ross' take down defence is superb. want ross to win that fight more than any other fight this year.

personally don't think they made cunts of themselves, they made a mistake but owned up to it the instant it was brought up. a cunt move would have been to stand back playing dumb.
    I wasn't swept up with all of the hype with Gsot but I thought he was a pretty decent fighter. I agree he did have very favourable matchups when he went on his winning streak in the UFC. Loved the Siver fight (I'm a fan of Siver anyway), he was getting smashed on the feet and didn't even get close to taking him down. He looked lost in that fight, in front of the Aussie fans too, priceless!

I think the fight with Ross will be similar other than the fact that Ross probably hasn't got the power to hurt Sot the same way siver did. He is far slicker than Siver and I think he will pick him apart for the duration of the fight. Sot won't get close enough for the TD and his wrestling imo aint top notch anyways. He looked desparate against Siver. The only concern for me is if Ross gets caught on the feet then subbed but I think this is a long shot as Sot has decent boxing but no real power. I'll be absolutely gutted if he loses to that fckin tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Really? He must be huge for that weight!
    He is a decent sized FW, not a huge LW at all very fit and strong tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    He is a decent sized FW, not a huge LW at all very fit and strong tho...
    As i said haven't really seen much of him prior to this. Hard to judge true size on a tv screen just thought he looked a tank.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

xavier was brought back as he was a favourite for the show, they want him to come out of this with some credit. he should have fought for that position tho.

George is a good fighter anyone saying he isnt needs to have a serious word with themselves, guys beat the likes of noke, lauzon and stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    also think a lad missing weight is more reason to mock than a bloke 10,000 away from his wife wanting a quick chat.
    Lol at this because people locked in a house on reality tv shows always use phones and missing weight never happens in MMA. Biased much. I believe you are living over there? Would you be so aggressively patriotic to people around you normally? Doubt it

A lot of the guys, both Aus and UK seem to be coming in a fair bit underweight and it seems half of the lightweights usually fight at Bantam/Feather.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Im confused, a guy gets called in and doesn't make the weight, and Dana doesn't even give a shit? Barely a thing has been said about it, people were still high fiving him when he said he wasn't allowed to cut any more!