Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Smashes discussion thread (spoilers)

George saw that first round 10-9 Alloway.
    Ross saw it 10-9 Petrescu.

Which way did you fine people have it?

I gave it 10-9 Petrescu as he outstruck Alloway for the first 3:10 ish of the first round.

Got taken down but reguarded and then attacked with an armbar. Got his back taken and finished in a bad position and shipped a few shots but not enough to lose the round on my card.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

I had it for Petrescu as well.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I saw the first round for Petrescu. If he has just closed his guard and remained on bottom for the round I would have scored it for Alloway, but the armbar attempt, coupled with the dominance in the stand up, was enough to sway me to Petrescu. Think it was quite a clear round, don't think Sotiropoulos was being genuine
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Petrescue should of uncrossed his legs during the armbar, he may have got the tap!

YourMMA.tv will have TUF UK fighter Bola Omoyele doing a blog from next week providing extra insight into the show

Here is a basic interview with Bola

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...he-smashes.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DOORMANMATT View Post
    cheers matt

Jus watched this, was ashamed for the UK as a whole when I heard the brap brap thing wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Jus watched this, was ashamed for the UK as a whole when I heard the brap brap thing wtf
    Only one guy was saying it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice GCG View Post
    I think two Australians will win this year. Whenever the UFC do a country v country, whichever country they want to promote the sport in wins. Example, TUF UK v US. They loaded the house with quality Brits and not so good Americans, because they wanted the sport to grow in UK. Now they are trying to grow the sport and UFC brand in AUS, so I would not be surprised at all to see the Aussies dominate. Just a theory.
    Gotta agree with this, although I think Fletcher is legit and a far more interesting character than the usual contrived wacky/extreme/mohawk goons that infest this show.

Regarding the show, I thought things looked pretty grim for Team UK. Sotiropoulos is clearly a much much better coach than Pearson. I was cringing when after they showed Team Australia having a sensible first training session, and then went to Team UK knocking ten bells out of each other day one. Really bad. And shock horror, this ridiculous approach to training led to an injury!
    Agree with this too. And I'm sorry, but having Amasinger as your main assistant coach is a very poor choice imo.

I think two Australians will win this year. Whenever the UFC do a country v country, whichever country they want to promote the sport in wins. Example, TUF UK v US. They loaded the house with quality Brits and not so good Americans, because they wanted the sport to grow in UK. Now they are trying to grow the sport and UFC brand in AUS, so I would not be surprised at all to see the Aussies dominate. Just a theory.
    I think that's all it's been about all along. There's a huge ufc promotion drive going on here in oz at the moment, ads all over the tele about 'big things coming' 'ufc is here' etc. this series is being very heavily promoted and JDS/dana and cos are in oz travelling and promoting the last few weeks. It certainly seems to have been geared entirely towards being a marketing tool. noone outside of the uk or oz will watch this show and i doubt anyone on it will go on to have a big impact.
    the level of mma here in oz is much lower than the uk but i think the popularity of the ufc is much bigger than it is back in england (in london at least). there's a big market here they're now really trying to tap into.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT