Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Reid returns at BAMMA 11

its reid v giles uk1 rules main event. also heard from a very reliable source.

what a load of bollocks that is for a bamma main event.

UK-1 is BULLSHIT.......Bamma need to stay clear of going down that road. I cant see Marc Goddard willing to referee a UK-1 fight.

Having a UK1 is one thing, but to have it as the main event is a joke.

Although, it probably would be a fucking awesome fight lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I know he gave away 1500 tickets to his buddys in the forces. He has never SOLD a ticket
    think ur wrong sledge bamma 9 he handed in a wad of notes like that he had to carry it in two hands. think he is a big big ticket seller and he backs it up in the ring imo.

not being a cunt just sayn.
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Reid V Marshman makes sense, everything else would be bunkum
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Marshman vs Reid makes perfect sense as a match. It bring in viewers and would "put over" Marshman with a wide audience.

Reid vs Giles is a farce match and I'd expect better from BAMMA

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

bah, Reid is the biggest mma advertising asset in the UK at the moment. you want to see this semi-retired, slightly aging fighter get crushed by a lunatic up-and-comer on a proper roll? I don't understand why people think the Marshman fight is such a good fit. no disrespect to Alex, I think he's awesome, but Jack would have a big advantage if they fought now.

the Giles fight makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view. another minor celeb who can fight. I'd prefer to see it mma, neither is likely to shoot and it would more than likely be a stand up war.

Given that TV is central to BAMMA's game, it's the perfect fit. it would garner some serious interest with non-mma fans and do pretty good numbers i reckon.

sure, it isn't the purest match up in terms of rankings, and in terms of mma ability etc, someone else should really be headlining - but this isn't shooto c-class, having an entertaining, hyped up fight between two minor celebs could be a massive draw.

come for the celeb fight, stay for the MMA.

BAMMA shouldn't necessarily pander to insiders and serious fans - they need impressive viewing figures for this to be as successful as possible. if they are planning Reid/Giles, I don't blame them and hope it does well.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    bah, Reid is the biggest mma advertising asset in the UK at the moment. you want to see this semi-retired, slightly aging fighter get crushed by a lunatic up-and-comer on a proper roll? I don't understand why people think the Marshman fight is such a good fit. no disrespect to Alex, I think he's awesome, but Jack would have a big advantage if they fought now.

the Giles fight makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view. another minor celeb who can fight. I'd prefer to see it mma, neither is likely to shoot and it would more than likely be a stand up war.

Given that TV is central to BAMMA's game, it's the perfect fit. it would garner some serious interest with non-mma fans and do pretty good numbers i reckon.

sure, it isn't the purest match up in terms of rankings, and in terms of mma ability etc, someone else should really be headlining - but this isn't shooto c-class, having an entertaining, hyped up fight between two minor celebs could be a massive draw.

come for the celeb fight, stay for the MMA.

BAMMA shouldn't necessarily pander to insiders and serious fans - they need impressive viewing figures for this to be as successful as possible. if they are planning Reid/Giles, I don't blame them and hope it does well.
    This is a very good outlook on the situation.

Whats the difference between mma and uk 1 rules? Never heard of uk 1.
    Fuck no-gi

That's the argument for it - one I fully understand.

The argument against it is about sustainability. Sure, that fight will draw coverage (although this will be the 3rd time an MMA promotion sells the UK the idea of 'Alex Reid the fighter') but history already tells us that BAMMA couldn't sustain that coverage off the back of an Alex Reid fight.

I just hope it's not the last throw of the dice. FIVE as a 'partner' is no joke and although it's early days, I imagined it would of brought with it a number of perks..