Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Alex Reid returns at BAMMA 11

Will UCMMA be able to afford the silly amount of money that Tony Giles is demanding to fight Alex Reid???

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Whilst I agree completely that there are far more deserving mixed martial artists in the UK for the headliner on BAMMA 11 I completely understand why they are putting Reid in there and I believe it will work well for them.

Ive been vocal on a number of occasions with regards to Reid being underated and Jimmy is spot on that he has been consistently over match but he is one tough SOB and has been scrapping since people thought Wing Chun works.

I take it you chaps have not been keeping up to date with the Twitter drama but it would apear that BAMMA offered Tony Giles Leeroy Barnes not Alex Reid and Tony first refused the fight with Leeroy and then refused to fight on BAMMA altogether.

I think now he wants the Reid fight on UCMMA?
    I haven't heard much apart from BAMMA want to put Reid as headline. Giles Vs Barnes would have been interesting. Again I wouldnt dismiss Alex from the card as I feel he could rebuild but i disagree that he should be headlining it. If he isnt then I will be very interested in who they match him up with. For me the Reid vs Giles fight is stupid. He deserves better than being fed a guy who has only fought UK1. Id like to see both of them fight, just not each other and certainly not as main event. Sinclair vs Winner was a quality headliner and if they follow that with this then only people who buy heat magazine feel thats progress.
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    What about Reid vs Punshon?

Reid is not in the best of form and despite being a top ranked fighter Punshon has lost both BAMMA fights. Both are great talents, both bring it and it would be a great fight.
    This would be a better fight as both fighters would really want and need the win. And would pave the way for a future headline fight for either of them, leaving BAMMA 11 to have a decent headliner.
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I take it you chaps have not been keeping up to date with the Twitter drama but it would apear that BAMMA offered Tony Giles Leeroy Barnes not Alex Reid and Tony first refused the fight with Leeroy and then refused to fight on BAMMA altogether.
    blimey, haven't seen any of this. bah, fuckin twitter, everyone should just post here instead, keep things simple.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by theone and only View Post
    Will UCMMA be able to afford the silly amount of money that Tony Giles is demanding to fight Alex Reid???
    What amount of money and where did you get the figure from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    blimey, haven't seen any of this. bah, fuckin twitter, everyone should just post here instead, keep things simple.
    I dont think Leeroy posts here any more due to getting too much stick/negativity. (yeah i thought that was strange too)

I've heard from someone well-placed that the Reid-Giles fight is still on, for what its worth.

I get why they're doing it, but it's a shocking way to promote UK MMA...especially after how quick they were to distance themselves from the Reid/Barrett 'fight' on twitter. It might them a decent rating if promoted correctly...my worry is that they're not able to do anything with it, just like last time they used Reid.

They got 178,000 viewers for BAMMA 10. Thoughts on that?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

I dont think Leeroy posts here any more due to getting too much stick/negativity. (yeah i thought that was strange too)
    probably because he cant block anyone on here who says anything mildly negative about him.

his glass jaw can't take criticism

tony giles would destroy him

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    probably because he cant block anyone on here who says anything mildly negative about him.
    Yes he can, just click on their name and when viewing the profile it gives you the option to "ignore"

Yes he can, just click on their name and when viewing the profile it gives you the option to "ignore"
    leeroy should quit talking with his record. he talks so much shit and when people call him out he plays the victim ...like he never talks shit.