Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug cheats?

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Default Drug cheats?

Just out of interest, looking for people's opinions here:

Should a proven drugs cheat (who received a lengthy ban) ignore that ban and swap to a new sport and be allowed to compete? Lets say someone who played an other sport at a decenrt level for example, ignore his ban and then take up another sport, say MMA?

Surely thats bad for the sport?
    Last edited by widge milward; 26-09-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post

Should a proven drugs cheat (who received a lengthy ban) ignore that ban and swap to a new sport and be allowed to compete? Lets say someone who played Rugby for example, ignore his ban and then take up another sport, say MMA?

Matt Stevens (ex english rugby international) won the British Open whilst serving a two year ban for cocaine use.

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post

Should a proven drugs cheat (who received a lengthy ban) ignore that ban and swap to a new sport and be allowed to compete? Lets say someone who played Rugby for example, ignore his ban and then take up another sport, say MMA?

what was the ban for ? what drugs ?

Obviously some AAS are beneficial to MMA and some are not .. so it depends on what he was using before

The use of drugs use in sport doesnt bother me , the majority of high level athletes use AAS or pro hormones including those who compete in MMA

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

ah, bateman, good to see you posting, where you been?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

hey, thanks jimmy , just been lurking , training , working ... a few holidays

but drugs wone make up for a lack of skill. all theyll give is a advantage in stregnth and power and maybe stamina.

same as stuff off the shelf in holland and barrats will.

so where do you draw the line? have steroid only match ups. and creatine only match ups?

I think if what you take you know is considered illegal within the sport you compete, then yes you are cheating. Taking supplements that have been cleared isn't cheating, its playing within the rules, regardless of if we think said rules are right or not, the rules in place....are the rules..

As for cross sport, I suppose it depends to some extent - are the same things considering banned in the other sport - if so then yes I suppose you should still be banned, if they are considered ok...then maybe its more a grey area.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Dwayne Chambers... Banned from Athletics, took up NFL in a European League before it went bust and then signed for Castleford. Although he never played due to injury he still did it.

certain AAS will benefit recovery in MMA , other ped's will hinder you in MMA ... other things like HGH cant be detected ..

I dont think it really matters to be honest

I guess it depends on the circumstances. A runner who has been banned for taking cough medicine, or a footballer who was using something to help rehab an injury...I'd struggle with saying that they should be banned from all sporting endeavours for the rest of their lives. Some guy who has been juiced to the eyeballs in search of a competitive edge, I'd tend to be less lenient with, were it up to me.

But then how do you determine which is which, if there is no prior. It's a head-scratcher, for sure.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.