Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WMMAF Aiming For Licensing And Safety In The UK

Default WMMAF Aiming For Licensing And Safety In The UK

I know these guys have been working for a long time behind the scenes, and there are other UK MMA notables pursuing other safety and 'commission-like' ventures at the moment. However, the WMMAF are the first of the current crop to make themselves public and here's their mission statement and a few words from the chairman:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...-in-the-uk.htm

Details in there for anybody looking to contribute, help out or even give constructive criticism.

UK MMA governing body debate rages on....

What a load of horse shit.

A former Kickboxing org who only managed to get 8 members since 2003 decides to try and govern MMA??

You have to be shitting me.

Im sure your members did vote unanimously to an "Aliance" with IMMAF but that isnt exactly what the IMMAF press release states is it?

Thats like BAMMA saying "our members voted unanimously to an allience with the UFC".

Looks like they are just confirming shared beliefs and with their mission of unity in MMA they are hardly going to tell you to F**k off and stop trying to swagger jack.

All this "lots of work" and "behind the scenes" crap i have seen and heard 10000000 times, if you have done something more than a few emails, meetings and a website then show us ,if not then STFU until you do.
    Last edited by BakedBean; 14-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Bean, this is not that WMMAF - I don't believe that's active anymore since they aligned themselves with the IMMAF.

The chairman's e-mail is in there, he's open to all questions. They were part of the group that met with the IMMAF when they were over here a couple of months ago (unrelated to the other WMMAF you're referencing I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Bean, this is not that WMMAF - I don't believe that's active anymore since they aligned themselves with the IMMAF.

The chairman's e-mail is in there, he's open to all questions. They were part of the group that met with the IMMAF when they were over here a couple of months ago (unrelated to the other WMMAF you're referencing I believe).
    Your thread title was a little misleading.

No point in my talking to them.
    Either they are doing something positive and it will become clear when they learn that openness is a better method to encourage unity than stealth or they are doing fuck all other than talking and will fade away with all the rest.

Before everybody jumps on my nutz for being negative about people trying to start a governing body I am all for somebody DOING something, I am sick of hot air and talk of "behind the scenes" shit is nonsense.

Either you have done something or you havent.

I might try and build a space ship behind the scenes who wants to apply to be a stewardess or buy a ticket to Pluto?

I'm just reporting and relaying the words I was told. There's nothing misleading in that title.

I don't have a need to 'promote' these guys or any agenda but you're talking about being open - they're saying by all means get in touch and speak to them, offer up suggestions, ask for more info, ask questions. Part of what he stressed to me is that's what they want and they'll happily open up to people with what they've been doing and what they are currently doing.

It's funny openness should be called into question actually because I was told by them a while ago that they wanted to go public asap to help the cause but the IMMAF didn't want that to happen or details to come out too early.

Any specific questions I'll call him and get answers to if need be and people would like to know stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm just reporting and relaying the words I was told. There's nothing misleading in that title.

I don't have a need to 'promote' these guys or any agenda but you're talking about being open - they're saying by all means get in touch and speak to them, offer up suggestions, ask for more info, ask questions. Part of what he stressed to me is that's what they want and they'll happily open up to people with what they've been doing and what they are currently doing.

It's funny openness should be called into question actually because I was told by them a while ago that they wanted to go public asap to help the cause but the IMMAF didn't want that to happen or details to come out too early.

Any specific questions I'll call him and get answers to if need be and people would like to know stuff.
    Yes I made my opinions on the IMMAF's original actions known both directly and publicly.

I assume by IMMAF he means Robbie Oliver who I am still not 100% keen on but nevertheless I understand as the IMMAF where operating "behind the scenes" in this country at least prior to Erika Mattsons meetings here.

Here are some questions:

1) Who is involved already and what are their positions?

2) Is there a Ltd company formed for the org?

3) Website address?

4) What promotions have shown an interest thus far and which have they contacted?

Oh and please point out to them that it would be better not to respond at all than to give me some empty vague generic standard piss offs ala Robbie Oliver.

Lastly, I am not having a dig at you Jay, I like your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Oh and please point out to them that it would be better not to respond at all than to give me some empty vague generic standard piss offs ala Robbie Oliver.

Lastly, I am not having a dig at you Jay, I like your stuff.
    No personal offence taken Mr Bean - I understand as well as anyone the frustrations, runarounds and general vagueness these GB discussions have brought us over the past few years.

Since I posted the news here, of course it's this thread where questions are going to be asked. I'll do what I can to try and find some answers on that ASAP.

Words fail me.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Words fail me.
    First time for everything.

Im sure you have missed me dearly and as soon as TFL clear all their viruses we can begin where we left of chap.