Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FUEL TV 5 Results. (Spoilers)

Great event tonight, Pickett's uppercut KO was awesome.

Still in shock Sass got subbed, hope he bounces back.

Fight Night bonuses were $40,000 and went to Struve vs. Miocic, Pickett and Wiman:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...ht-bonuses.htm

good event. Maybe a 7 out of 10. Nothing attrocious, but nothing that you HAVE to see either.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Does anyone know what Amir Sadollah's walk in music was? Not his usual Aphex Twin tune, it was something quite different but I liked it.

Did anyone think Dan Hardy looked a bit smooth like he was holding a lot of water?
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Pretty solid event.

I was hoping for Miocic to make a statement and show the world he is on his way to be a elite HW.

Good event fight wise, crowd was pretty shit though loads of empty seats and not much noise... but I suppose the UFC charging full whack for not a 'big name' card might have played a part!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Good event fight wise, crowd was pretty shit though loads of empty seats and not much noise... but I suppose the UFC charging full whack for not a 'big name' card might have played a part!
    i think thats what the problem is, the last ufc i went to had machida, cro cop, arlovski, werdum, bisping, kongo etc... now you can be paying 250 to see Struve vs Miocic which is at best a early card fight. But your damned if you do and damned if you dont, we are lucky to have the UFC here but at the same time those going are paying top dollar for the priveledge without seeing the top stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i think thats what the problem is, the last ufc i went to had machida, cro cop, arlovski, werdum, bisping, kongo etc... now you can be paying 250 to see Struve vs Miocic which is at best a early card fight. But your damned if you do and damned if you dont, we are lucky to have the UFC here but at the same time those going are paying top dollar for the priveledge without seeing the top stars.

At the time only Arlovski, and Cro Cop were big names. It was Bispings second fight, Werdums debut, Congo fought on the undercard, and Machida was at his most frustratingly boring. Many of the names on this card will be very big soon enough. Hardy has already challenged for the title, and Gunnar Nelson is the future