Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighter/ bully/ or fucking twat?

I hope the guy is okay.

In regards to the press, nothing will be written if the guy who allegedly punched the other guy has been arrested and charged, until such time as it is dealt with in court. To do so would be contempt of court as it could prejiduce the accused's chance of a fair trial.

But if it does go to court, MMA will be dragged through the gutter again...you can bet your house on that.

All the detailed posts on here about what "definitely" happened should all be taken with a pinch of salt until the case goes to trial, if indeed it ever does.

As for the accusations that promoters should be ashamed for having the man in question on their shows, those are just silly at this stage. If someone is found guilty of this, then promoters will have a decision to make. But for someone to post a wholly one-sided account of this incident (which no promoter would have known about unless they were at the football match) and immediatey have a go at promoters is totally unfair and reeks a little of misguided trolling.
    Last edited by Stef; 03-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

to be fair. i dont agree with what has happened and i hope the kids ok. but chris trains every day on beating people up... so if something has kicked off he has just used the tools that he has. i dont know what happened but i wouldnt think chris would throw down with someone for nothing. obviously something has kicked off and he threw a punch. i doubt he meant to hurt the kid that badly. we have all been in fights outside ( well most of us have ) and you dont stop and think about it. you just throw. so people coming on judging when they dont know the story should really pipe down.
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

The ethics of martial arts is to respect an this tosser took a cheap shot fact.
    Hope he gets banned an jailed and before people spout about knowing the full story
    I do. Hope young Ryan is ok as for the liberty taker lifetime ban should apply.

I dont understand why you have so many people wanting a guy banned from MMA when this happened on a football field and before he has even been found guilty of any serious crime. Why isnt the emphasis to get him banned from football instead? Besides him training MMA whats this got to do with the MMA scene and why is everyone so keen for the MMA community to do something about this? We arnt talking about Anderson Silva here, its a guy from a small club in a small MMA community who fights Semi Pro on local scottish shows.

Im sure the law will sort the situation out either way innocent or guilty, the scottish MMA community aren't the moral guardians of right and wrong of what happens inside and outside the cage.

Nimmy he should be banned because he is using martial arts outwith a controlled environment
    Very lethal skills that are practiced in some instances by wanna be hard men. Mma has been given
    A bad name by guys like this and just for the record I played professional football an I'm sure he will get hammered
    By the safa at hampden. Regardless of club size or mma level it still tarnishes the sport so take the blinkers off m8 an
    Accept this is wrong. I would urge all promoters and trainers to take a stance over this an have zero tolerance in there respective gyms. Anyone who defends these actions are clearly lacking in morals

The rights and wrongs of this will be outed in court. Chris having built up a particular set of skills can't unlearn them when a dispute happens, this is fact. The same way karateka/kickboxers/boxers can't unlearn their skills when confronted outside a pub or whatever. 99.9% of guys I know who do MMA would try and avoid a fight but in the heat of a situation noone knows what can happen, this unfortunately is the way of things.

I don't think a public forum is the place to discuss this incident particularly as it's in the hands of the police. Same as I don't think it's right to call on gyms/coaches and promoters to ban the guy when all the facts haven't been stated and no guilt has been found by a court of law.

I do sincerely hope the boy recovers fully and my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Thoughts are with the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLee View Post
    The rights and wrongs of this will be outed in court. Chris having built up a particular set of skills can't unlearn them when a dispute happens, this is fact. The same way karateka/kickboxers/boxers can't unlearn their skills when confronted outside a pub or whatever. 99.9% of guys I know who do MMA would try and avoid a fight but in the heat of a situation noone knows what can happen, this unfortunately is the way of things.
    This is absolutely what I was thinking yesterday, but couldn't put into words.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Horrible situation indeed, feel for the kid and for the family but until all the facts are out I don't want to condemn anyone as much as the knee jerk reaction is to do just that. Not saying he was provoked, not saying he wasn't, but I wasn't there and sometimes these things are not clear cut.

If he was out of order I honestly hope justice is served and he is avoided like the plague by promoters and at that point the forum members should use this forum to spread to word indeed, but until then, lets get some more facts in first and see what happens.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Lethal skills?!?!? He threw a punch.... Maybe better technique than the other guy would have but its been made out as if he scissor kicked him, moved into a flying armbar before executing a Stone Cold Stunner. I hope the guy makes a fast recovery but lets not make Chris out to be a total bastard. Chris is a trained good fighter but he isnt particuarly known for winning by K.O, it was a unfortunate accident and Im sure he will be dealt with accordingly by the proper authorities, its not like he is getting away with it and from what I hear he is very remorseful. And again, I hope the young guy is ok.