Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artem Lobov's win declared a No Contest

Hybrid View

Default Artem Lobov's win declared a No Contest

Personally think this is a disgrace:

“I the undersigned co-owner of Celtic Gladiator, Piotr Perucki, wishes to declare that on 22nd September of this year, I was negligent in the selection of Judges, in relation to …

one of the main event fights between Artem Lobov and Arthur Sowinski . One of the Judge’s was from the same club as Artem Lobov, where they train together and are closely connected. This type of situation should not have happened and for this I wish to apologise to the fighters and clubs. The only excuse I can give is that one hour before the event one of the original judges, Richard Gorey, withdrew from the judging panel. Therefore, under great stress and pressure I made the wrong decision in selecting a replacement judge. I know how much of a problem this has caused and because of this I made the decision to leave my position in this company. In agreement with co-owner, Mariusz, we have decided to announce that the fight held on the 22nd September, 2012 between Artem Lobov and Arthur Sowinski – NO CONTEST. The Celtic Gladiator Company expresses the desire to organize another fight between these fighters in Ireland with the new judging panel.
    The Board of Celtic Gladiator”
    @tommysekal

How is the co-owner going to leave his position in the company over this one incident? Has Mariusz now purchased the full company? Has he freely given his share to Mariusz?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    How is the co-owner going to leave his position in the company over this one incident? Has Mariusz now purchased the full company? Has he freely given his share to Mariusz?
    What were the official scores, and by whom?

Shitty for Artem to have a great win taken away but it's obviously right that a teammate shouldn't be judging his fights (although that doesn't necessarily mean they can't render the correct result).

Yeah I personally think he won but that is besides the point and fair play to the promotion.

If I remember rightly they were 29-28, 29-28 and 28-29 in favour of Lobov.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Yeah I personally think he won but that is besides the point and fair play to the promotion.

If I remember rightly they were 29-28, 29-28 and 28-29 in favour of Lobov.
    It's on Sherdog as a majority decision so someone must have given it as a draw and the other two gave it to Lobov. Presumably a 10-10 in maybe the last round. TBH they were all quite nip and tuck.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Shitty for Artem that dude gets no luck... but in reality its the right thing to do! Wouldnt mind watching the fight tho if anyone ot a link

He has to be the most unlucky dude i have ever met

@tommysekal

I couldn't remember 100% so yeah maybe it was 29-28 x2 and then 29-29. Good fight though. Lobov rocked him several times with some great shots. I still think he'll win the return fight.

I'd love to say this is a one off but we can probably all name a time when we've seen this happen in terms of selecting judges at the last minute.

My personal favourite has to be a friend of a promoter being asked to step up and judge on the day of the show.

The dude got slowly more hammered throughout the evening and when a local favourite who he knew had a submission locked in, he proceeded to get up from the judging table and shout "Snap it!"
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    I'd love to say this is a one off but we can probably all name a time when we've seen this happen in terms of selecting judges at the last minute.

My personal favourite has to be a friend of a promoter being asked to step up and judge on the day of the show.

The dude got slowly more hammered throughout the evening and when a local favourite who he knew had a submission locked in, he proceeded to get up from the judging table and shout "Snap it!"
    Tremendous.