Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artem Lobov's win declared a No Contest

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    Was i MCing that show ben? sounds familiar. At the same show the time keeper stopped the fight 5 seconds too early when his team mate was stuck in a rear naked choke!
    I don't think you were actually if my memory serves correct. It's a bad sign that it potentially could have happened twice!
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Anyone who thinks the promoter is doing the right thing here needs to stop following and/or working in MMA imo

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Anyone who thinks the promoter is doing the right thing here needs to stop following and/or working in MMA imo
    It sucks. Pretty sure a similar thing happened with Ali Arish too, but that got reversed again:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ali-Arish-44423

The Eddie Podolski fight was changed to a NC after pressure from one side, but then changed back when people called them on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    I'd love to say this is a one off but we can probably all name a time when we've seen this happen in terms of selecting judges at the last minute.

My personal favourite has to be a friend of a promoter being asked to step up and judge on the day of the show.

The dude got slowly more hammered throughout the evening and when a local favourite who he knew had a submission locked in, he proceeded to get up from the judging table and shout "Snap it!"
    Tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It sucks. Pretty sure a similar thing happened with Ali Arish too, but that got reversed again:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ali-Arish-44423

The Eddie Podolski fight was changed to a NC after pressure from one side, but then changed back when people called them on it.
    I think the Sherdog Fight Fighter team refused to recognised the promoter's amended decision once they knew what had happened

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

It's a shame it's happened now. What if Artur had won would the result stand?

Are they saying that the judge scored it wrong or just his involvement with a competing team? As surely if his score corroborates with the majority and looks as though it has been scored effectively, based on the fight that occured, then result should stand. By all accounts if 2 judges had it to Artem and 1 a Draw then he only scored it the same as 1 other 'reputable' and 'non involved judge'
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    I think the Sherdog Fight Fighter team refused to recognised the promoter's amended decision once they knew what had happened
    Fair play to Sherdog, they must have watched the fight

Does anyone here think Sowinski should have won the decision, that was there watching or has watched the video? I havent talked to one person who scored it for him

You could maybe have a 10-10 in there but even a round to Sowinski is reaching in my opinion

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    My personal favourite has to be a friend of a promoter being asked to step up and judge on the day of the show.

The dude got slowly more hammered throughout the evening and when a local favourite who he knew had a submission locked in, he proceeded to get up from the judging table and shout "Snap it!"
    hahaha quality.

I think once even Gary got asked to be a judge, crazy!
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

http://powerhousemma.ie/sbg-announce...adiator-again/

I wondered what John's take on it was. It seems to have blown up in their face a little and their rep damaged.
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Bullshit call imo. Regardless of who the judges were the promoters made that decision and should stick by it.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency