Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: UK MMA Rankings Update - September 2012

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default UK MMA Rankings Update - September 2012

    Here's the latest monthly update folks - some quieter divisions, and some with lots of action. Fair few have left the rankings through inactivity so some new blood is in there.

    http://www.yourmma.tv/rankings/detai...ember-2012.htm

    With the likes of UFC, BAMMA, CWFC, Vision etc. there was a lot of great action in September, and October is going to be busy too! Keep 'em peeled.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Nathan_Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    bishop auckland
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Good set of Rankings mate. Personally i'd still have Punshon ahead of Sutherland though due to him knocking him out in less than 4 seconds less than a year.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Good set of Rankings mate. Personally i'd still have Punshon ahead of Sutherland though due to him knocking him out in less than 4 seconds less than a year.
    Thanks pal. Obviously that's a close one, but Denniston has beaten good guys in Brett Sizeland and Leeroy since, whilst Punshon has gone 1-2, with the only win coming over a guy who is (to my knowledge) something like 0-4 so he was given the benefit on that.

  4. #4

    Default

    No disrespect to doolan but how is he still num 4 when brum n holohan n davy grant r above him in the euro rankings hes been canny inactive and is like 1-3-2 in his last 6 fights sldo holohan n brum are ahead of mcveigh in th euros both r on good winning streaks n mcveighs been canny inactive last fight was last december no disrespect to either guys as they r both real good fighters but think others need to be recognised n it seems impossible t break the top 4 just my thoughts like there may well b a good reason lol
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simba84 View Post
    No disrespect to doolan but how is he still num 4 when brum n holohan n davy grant r above him in the euro rankings hes been canny inactive and is like 1-3-2 in his last 6 fights sldo holohan n brum are ahead of mcveigh in th euros both r on good winning streaks n mcveighs been canny inactive last fight was last december no disrespect to either guys as they r both real good fighters but think others need to be recognised n it seems impossible t break the top 4 just my thoughts like there may well b a good reason lol
    That's a fair point to bring up and it was something the panel actually discussed this time around. It's not easy and there are differing opinions so we'll have to look at a way to deal with it. However, the case for Doolan and McVeigh is their undoubted level of competition and some of the wins they have.

    In the past two years Doolan has beaten Dino and Leigh Remedios, gone to a draw with Lee (UFC) and Hamrsmid, and has only lost to literally the best in Europe (Kakai, Haggstrom, Aranda - one of which he was winning after three rounds, and another that went the full 5x5). McVeigh is on the cusp of inactivity, but he lost a competitive decision to Erik Perez (who submitted Brum quickly, albeit on late notice) who is now 2-0 in the UFC, and has proven himself to be international class time and time again. The new breed is coming through though for sure, but you can't argue his class.

    Activity is something that is going to be emphasised more. For me another good win puts Brum above at probably #2, but right now McVeigh and Doolan are still just slightly above. By the way, I'm the UK correspondent for the Euro rankings, so I know all about that

  6. #6

    Default

    Oh, and I'd love to see any sort of matchups between McVeigh/Doolan and Brum/Holohan/Grant, although I understand McVeigh is planning a drop. I know some have been discussed and even matched; that's the ultimate way of putting this to bed.

  7. #7

    Default

    Thamks mate dont get me wrong a think there all great fighters just was something ive heard ppl talk about quite a bit but im th only 1 whos said anythin these r still th best n most accurate rankins by far
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simba84 View Post
    Thamks mate dont get me wrong a think there all great fighters just was something ive heard ppl talk about quite a bit but im th only 1 whos said anythin these r still th best n most accurate rankins by far
    Yeah, cheers mate, thanks for bringing it up. Constructive thoughts are always appreciated and like I said it's actually been a hot topic for the panel this time round so let's see where we go from there next month!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    it's actually been a hot topic for the panel this time round so let's see where we go from there next month!
    I can vouch for this Simba!

  10. #10

    Default

    I think Andy Ogle should be much higher than 8, just by virture of being in the UFC and even though he lost, many many people thought he won. Probably get a lot of heat for that but just my view. Also, I think Hathaway (7-1 in UFC) should be above Dan Hardy (6-4 in UFC). Other than that, an interesting read as always
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.