Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UK MMA Rankings Update - September 2012

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Reedy will never retire.
    Reedys a top guy an loves the sport!! I dont think he will either mate haha
    Kris Edwards,www.groundandpound.de/mma/rankings/european-top-ten/bantamgewicht-135lb-61kg/

IMO Doolan and McVeigh's rankings are justified given the level of fighters they have fought, Doolan has fought the best in Europe the last couple of years with mixed success, imo he would beat most of those ranked below him in the UK more often than not. McVeigh's last fight was a decision loss to a fighter now in the UFC, I think McVeigh would beat any unsigned UK bantamweight, with him possibly going down to flyweight it could open things up for others.

Liam all the best in your next few fights, hope you get the Pastor rematch and start climbing the rankings.

Thanks mate
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

Pro Fighter
    Chris Garry

James Doolan must be a tricky one to place for the panel, with his record of late not doin him justice as a fighter.

For me ratings should represent quite simply who is the better fighter in the division. Who would likely come out on top if they fought the others around them. How we arrive at that conclusion will always be massively up for debate. It only really gets settled in the cage, not on paper and certainly not in the minds of fighters themselves. Who doesn't honestly believe they would wipe up the division? I know with my best training camp I'm very capable of knocking out, submitting or grinding down anyone my weight on my day, once I start thinking otherwise it's time to pack it in.

But let's be realistic with the ratings.

Going by the criteria I've laid out it would not make sense to place James outside the top four. Hes definitely earned his spot and until someone behind him beats him he should stay there. If you have a different system, and there are many alternatives, then that's yours to call.
    Dont be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they dont!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    James Doolan must be a tricky one to place for the panel, with his record of late not doin him justice as a fighter.

For me ratings should represent quite simply who is the better fighter in the division. Who would likely come out on top if they fought the others around them. How we arrive at that conclusion will always be massively up for debate. It only really gets settled in the cage, not on paper and certainly not in the minds of fighters themselves. Who doesn't honestly believe they would wipe up the division? I know with my best training camp I'm very capable of knocking out, submitting or grinding down anyone my weight on my day, once I start thinking otherwise it's time to pack it in.

But let's be realistic with the ratings.

Going by the criteria I've laid out it would not make sense to place James outside the top four. Hes definitely earned his spot and until someone behind him beats him he should stay there. If you have a different system, and there are many alternatives, then that's yours to call.
    Word......