Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Title fight in the UK?

Default Title fight in the UK?

There was a big discussion on this earlier on at http://www.facebook.com/YourMMA, with the vast majority saying they'd love a title fight here, even if it meant doing it late a la Hatton vs. Tszyu which was at 2am for Showtime in America. That had 22K at the MEN.

Bisping vs. Silva? That would do some serious numbers in Manchester. How do you feel about moving the time slot if we got a massive card?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i was there for Hatton/Zoo, was a nightmare staying awake, but definitely worth it. hopefully a ufc undercard would be slightly more attention grabbing than the filler for H/Z

fair play for catching Dana's attention
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Nope bad idea.
    For one its too risky for them and two I like being able to watch the UFC at a decent time of the day for a change rather than it screwing up my whole weekend.

That said , if they did it I would be there without question but id prefer the 18:45 start we had a Nottingham for selfish reasons.

Naturally if they said "either we have it at 2am in the UK or 2am Vegas" id say 2am UK all day long but cant see that.

Their costs would be greatly inflated for getting all the staff and venue to work through the night but who knows.

Although I guess they would make so much more from the PPV's in the states at that time so the costs wouldnt matter?

Dana seemed happy with the numbers that were done for the Nottingham Fuel card and the 'buys'. A title fight in the UK for 2013 is a must and Bisping would be the obvious choice. It would sell out any Arena in the UK at the normal time but i'm not a big fan of the early morning events. Most people would rather get it on catch up. I went through a stage of watching anyone significant and the big name draws to now watching none live due to the timings.

Lets not accept 2nd best for this guys. We want a title fight at the normal time!

Looking forward to the UFC coming to Scotland aswell and Dana is under a lot of pressure to deliver that. The new Hydro Arena will be opening on 3rd September 2013 and that will be one of the best Arena's in the UK with a 12,500 all seated capacity. I reckon though on that basis that they will look to push England in Q2(Apr-Jun) then head to Scotland for a fight show in Q4(Oct-Dec)
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I'd love Bisping V Anderson over here - stick Picket V Faber on the undercard and i'd stay up until god knows what time!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

A title fight at normal time can't be sold ppv in the US, it's a non-starter
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Could work. Would be cool if they had 2 title fights on the one card. Mike for MW title and Brad for BW.

UFC fans are pretty die hard, sure they wouldnt mind staying up all night for it

Why would Silva want to fight Bisping in England? It's most likely he'll say he doesn't want to fight Bisping (mainly because he doesn't deserve a title fight) or he'll say he wants to fight in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    A title fight at normal time can't be sold ppv in the US, it's a non-starter
    I agree with this, there's no way the UFC would put a title fight on UK time because of the loss of revenue.
    Hopefully the UK will get a title fight in the future and I wouldn't mind staying up to watch it!