Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Reed Interview

Default Paul Reed Interview

Paul is fighting next weekend down here in Cornwall! I spoke to him about the decision to have one more fight, career and of course the fight on KORE MMA!!

"Paul: I really gave MMA my best shot, and worked as hard as I could with a family and a full time job to get the biggest fights I could get and be the best competitor I could be. I managed myself, and I think I did a pretty good job.

I went to the UFC last weekend in Nottingham and there were two guys fighting I had fought. Brad Pickett who beat me by majority decision and Akira Corassani who I got a win against by TKO.

I managed to get myself brilliant opportunities along the way, Iíve been all around Europe, Canada and the Dominican RepublicÖ. too many places to mention through MMA. Iíve met some awesome people right from the start. I really do love the sports of fighting, boxing, muay-thai, wrestling, BJJ and Iím really glad I got the opportunity to do so many exciting things in the sport."

http://addictedmma.com/story-Exclusi...nish-on-a-.php
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!

I like Reedy - props to him for achieving all he has despite getting into the sport so late. An inspiration to the older end then you can still give it a good go and make your mark if you've got the desire and heart. I think he might be tempted out of retirement at some point though...we'll see

Thanks Steve and Jay. Next weekend will very likely be my last fight in MMA, I've done everything I can and tried my hardest. If a massive show like One FC, or Superior challenge, offered a match somewhere I'd never been I would always consider it. Never say never.

Quality fighter and attitude, a real ginger ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Thanks Steve and Jay. Next weekend will very likely be my last fight in MMA, I've done everything I can and tried my hardest. If a massive show like One FC, or Superior challenge, offered a match somewhere I'd never been I would always consider it. Never say never.
    My pleasure Paul. And who knows hey, like you say....never say never
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!

Legend....

Also, Dan Welsh is fighting Reedy on the 13th and John Cullen on the 20th.....tough week if you ask me but he is a tough bastard.

Pro Fighter
    Chris Garry

What an anticlimactic exit from the game.
    Dont be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they dont!!

I cant think of to many climactic exits. Maybe I climaxed too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I cant think of to many climactic exits. Maybe I climaxed too soon.
    one more fight with john cullen would be the perfect send off imo. Best of luck with what you do next paul

No really I wouldn't fight JC again. He is a horrible horrible man inside the cage and the nicest guy outside. I'm happy to never fight again after saturday. But like I said if a really good fight came along somewhere really good, I might..