Thread: Adidas MMA

Default Adidas MMA

Noticed that at BAMMA 10 Jack Marshman was wearing Adidas MMA shorts

Anyone know anything about this deal

Thought it would be quite big news as adidas are the worlds 2nd largest sports apparel company

Im sure he probably didnt get paid a huge amount but its still quite a big deal in terms of brand association

Did a quick search on google but didnt find much except for a few images of the gear

Not the sort of designs id expect from adidas (quite cagefighter cliche) so thought it may be an adidas licensee like some of their boxing equipment

Addidas sponsored the show I fought on Sweden last month, put up a lot of the money towards the event I'm told, all the equipment used were their own and the US team were kitted out in their rashguards and shorts

Fuck, how did I not hear about this? Two of my favourite things in life, Adidas and MMA, combined in such an unholy matrimony!

I am so sorry, Venum. It's not you, it's me. I think we just might not be right for each other anymore
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Adidas have always made the best trainers

I may look in to this further thanks for the news

they have done shorts and gis for ages

here are some of them here
    http://www.prosportuk.com/martial_ar...ma_shorts.html

David Bielkheden mentioned something about Adidas sponsorship when I interviewed him a while back I seem to recall.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    David Bielkheden mentioned something about Adidas sponsorship when I interviewed him a while back I seem to recall.
    He wore Addias gear for his Cage Warriors fight and probably will do tomorrow too

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    they have done shorts and gis for ages

here are some of them here
    http://www.prosportuk.com/martial_ar...ma_shorts.html
    Yes theyre the ones Jack was wearing

They dont seem an adidas standard product though thats why i thought they may be from a licencee

They've been in combat sports for ages and mma for a little while now, not sure why this is such a big surprise. It's a shame that their mma stuff looks fucking terrible with designs that resemble a 3rd rate regional British "fightware" brand.