Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UCMMA 30 Results as the happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    The card was shocking in comparison to the last BAMMA show and apart from the Towler vs Lake fight I could not see the relevance
    Exactly. Shock n Awe is this Weekend and are putting on a fantastic fight card with relevant fights top to bottom....I don't know how can ucmma say they're number 1. Cage Warriors blow them out rhe water and the smaller promotions are catching up.

BAMMA rule thats all.
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

I came away with a bit of a 'meh' feeling from this card when all was said and done. More one-sided fights than usual. Two pointless title fights - Tomasz and Chi, and the main event which was a 'Catchweight Super Title Fight' under UK-1 rules...?

The main event was enjoyable, I was surprised by Towler vs Lake...other than that it all felt a bit flat. I did miss the first five or so fights, but I'm told I didn't miss much there either.

At the end of the day, UCMMA do a good job of playing to their crowd. The majority of the UCMMA crowd want beatdowns and KO's more than they want high-level MMA. So that's what they get, and that's why they keep coming back.

One thing that did worry me was the (latest) drubbing of Andy Cona. Andy is a cool guy and has huge balls, but it's getting silly now with him and UCMMA. If you look at the guy's record and the guys he's fought, it's obvious he's being brought in to lose, and Saturday's loss was particularly brutal. His next opponent? Jamaine Facey in a UK-1 bout. Thankfully his new manager told me today that Andy won't be taking that fight if he gets his way...I hope for Andy's sake he does. Really irresponsible matchmaking.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    One thing that did worry me was the (latest) drubbing of Andy Cona. Andy is a cool guy and has huge balls, but it's getting silly now with him and UCMMA. If you look at the guy's record and the guys he's fought, it's obvious he's being brought in to lose, and Saturday's loss was particularly brutal. His next opponent? Jamaine Facey in a UK-1 bout. Thankfully his new manager told me today that Andy won't be taking that fight if he gets his way...I hope for Andy's sake he does. Really irresponsible matchmaking.
    I don't think it's UK-1.
    I'm pretty sure it's mma.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Obviously that's not the point but just sayin
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I personally really enjoyed the show.

I did miss the first five or so fights, but I'm told I didn't miss much there either.
    whoever told you that must have been asleep during the second fight. that fight was awesome!

His next opponent? Jamaine Facey in a UK-1 bout. Thankfully his new manager told me today that Andy won't be taking that fight if he gets his way...
    the manager should get his way, or change his job title imo
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    I personally really enjoyed the show.
    Me too as far as entertainment goes but quality MMA was absent from a show that should be doing much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    the manager should get his way, or change his job title imo
    How much power can a manager really have over a fighter in the UK these days?
    I am quite sure that if Cona wants to fight he will fight and the onus is on the promoter to act responsibly and not book him.

At UCMMA 26 the promoter gave "advised" suspensions so I wonder if they have done so again now and if so will other promoters take heed.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

bah edit......
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 09-10-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Obviously that's not the point but just sayin
    You're right as well! I stand corrected, said the main in the orthopaedic shoes! :-p

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    How much power can a manager really have over a fighter in the UK these days?
    I am quite sure that if Cona wants to fight he will fight and the onus is on the promoter to act responsibly and not book him.
    I don't even mind seeing Andy fight on UCMMA in December as such...just not against Facey. Yes, the dude has a shocking record (0-8 'officially' I think, plus a few UK-1 bouts), but a lot of that is down to the matches he's taken for UCMMA and others. Put him on first against a guy with a similar record as a 'thank you' by all means, if you have to.

At UCMMA 26 the promoter gave "advised" suspensions so I wonder if they have done so again now and if so will other promoters take heed.
    As of right now Andy is booked to fight at UWC on the 20th, just two weeks after getting knocked out at UCMMA. His opponent is 8-19, so I guess it's a 'fair' fight...but there's no way he should be competing two weeks after a KO like that.