Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UMA VI British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships; Saturday 1st December 2012

Hybrid View

Default UMA VI British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships; Saturday 1st December 2012

UMA VI British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships; Saturday 1st December 2012.

Venue: Hood Park Leisure Centre, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire.

Registration Opens soon... go to: www.umauk.co.uk

Both Juniors and Adults.
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

Online Registration is now Live and Open for the UMA VI British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships on Saturday 1st December 2012, for Juniors, Cadets and Adults, go to: http://www.umauk.co.uk/2012%20Event%...g-01-12-12.htm
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

The UMA VI British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships on Sarurday 1st December 2012.

Are you a Grappler with 8 or more years Grappling experience or a Wrestler, BJJ, Judo or Sambo Black Belt.

If so, we require 8 Fighters for an 'Elite' Grapplers Bracket - Open Weight Divison that is being considerd for these Prestigeous Championsips.

Please contact the UMA on Facebook: United Martial Alliance or Open Championships or via the Facebook private message system, or you can email the UMA from the UMA website: http://www.umauk.co.uk/Contact.htm

Please State the following:

Your Full Name:

Your Fighting Weight:

Years Grappling, BJJ, Wrestling, Sambo or Judo:

Your Coach's Name:

Who or what Organisation you represent or belong to:

Your Contact Number:

All contests will be 10 minutes and is with Repechage.

There will be Free Entry for up to and including all 8 Fighters maximum for the 'Elite' Grapplers Division.

There will be a UMA British Open 'No Gi' Championships 'Elite' Title and the New 'Elite' Championship Title Belt Awarded to the Winner.

If there is anyone who would like to Sponsor the UMA British Open 'No Gi Grappling Championships 'Elite' Grapplers Divison or are able to offer up a few prizes for the Winner, please contact the UMA.

There will also be a Proffessional Events Photographer at the Championships all day to capture all those moments too.
    The Championships will also be Recorded.

Hi, it's already going to cost me 40 in petrol for the round trip. I just wondered, if I have another off day and get tapped in my first 2 matches, by guillotine in the first 10 seconds, while trying to get a take down. Would you be willing to refund the 38 entrance fee?

I just noticed it was more expensive than paying for 'attend all classes / train as much as you want' 1 months membership at most mma gyms in the UK. Or is there a seminar or 1 hour private lesson with a world class grappler included in that price? Let me know so I can decide whether it is worth spending my 80, 2 months training budget on your event or having to give it a miss this time.

Cheers
    www.facebook.com/samboultmma

Slightly Sleazy

How come the no groin guard rule is still in there? I don't understand why a piece of safety equipment is outlawed on the event? I've not seen any evidence to say that wearing a groin guard causes injury, are you able to provide any?

You've got far more dangerous techniques in there, I can do toe holds, bicep slicers and neck cranks but can't protect myself?

and if you'd been able to verify your rank and do the IBJJF nogi european you'd encounter the same rule
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hannis View Post
    How come the no groin guard rule is still in there? I don't understand why a piece of safety equipment is outlawed on the event? I've not seen any evidence to say that wearing a groin guard causes injury, are you able to provide any?

You've got far more dangerous techniques in there, I can do toe holds, bicep slicers and neck cranks but can't protect myself?
    Hi Rob.

Thanks for your concerns, the UMA do not allow the Athletes to wear a groin guard at any of our Grappling or Groundfighting Championship Events, for safety reasons, even though, as you mentioned, the groin guard is a piece of safety equipment.

The UMA have had this ruling in place ever since the first UMA British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships back in 2007, and is non negotiable, sorry to dissapoint you on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by boult View Post
    Hi, it's already going to cost me 40 in petrol for the round trip. I just wondered, if I have another off day and get tapped in my first 2 matches, by guillotine in the first 10 seconds, while trying to get a take down. Would you be willing to refund the 38 entrance fee?

I just noticed it was more expensive than paying for 'attend all classes / train as much as you want' 1 months membership at most mma gyms in the UK. Or is there a seminar or 1 hour private lesson with a world class grappler included in that price? Let me know so I can decide whether it is worth spending my 80, 2 months training budget on your event or having to give it a miss this time.

Cheers
    Hi Boult.

Thankyou for your concerns, however and just in case you did not scroll all the way down to the registration page, or maybe you misssed it in some way, it does explain that if you register before the early registration date closes, the registration and entry fee is 25 + paypal fee, however, should you decide not to enter once early registration closes, but then change your mind and do want to enter and compete after early registration closes, you can still do so, but then the late registration will be in place and the entry fee will be 35 + paypal fee. We hope you do decide to enter, and if so, we recommend you enter as soon as you can whilst you are able to pay less for early registration, if you do not wish to enter either way, then it is our loss and not yours.

they add extra leverage to triangles, armbars and controling the back, you also don't need them nearly as much when you're not allowed to strike
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Slightly Sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    they add extra leverage to triangles, armbars and controling the back, you also don't need them nearly as much when you're not allowed to strike
    Where's the proof they cause injuries though? That's what I'm after, if someone's better than you and has you in a submission then a bit of extra leverage is minor.

I doubt the ibjjf have any proof of cause of injuries they just felt like doing it and because they're the ibjjf they can do whatever they like. I'd be interested to see what reason the uma has got for applying the same rule.

I know it's ibjjf rule could remember the number of it the other day when I looked it up. Thanks for the concern about verifying my rank but I was able to compete at the euro's if I'd needed to but decided against it.