Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Made 4 The Cage 7 Results

Why didnt they just fight each other?

With that being the obvious solution I completely see where Equalizer is coming from.

The only thing I can think of Bean is that according to the net Wardle was 2-2 Pro and Stephenson was 1-3 Amateur... Guessing they didn't want to or something around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    The only thing I can think of Bean is that according to the net Wardle was 2-2 Pro and Stephenson was 1-3 Amateur... Guessing they didn't want to or something around there.
    Brad is 0-2 Pro and just fought the UCMMA heavyweight Champ so I dont really see a significant difference between any of those records.

That said if he is fighting under different names and is happy to fight any weight any time and multiple times in one night then who knows what his actual record is?

Explain yourself please Bradley.....

You've got what I said wrong Bean. It has nothing to do with what Brad's record is... I said Wardle is 2-2 Pro and Stephenson is 1-3 Amateur and I'm guessing making his Pro debut and didn't want to fight someone coming into his 5th Pro fight for experience purposes. This is why they didn't just fight each other, is that a little clearer?

Listen brad was already scheduled to fight darren couple of weeks before, my opponent dropped out on the night so brad offered to take both fights. if brad had been ko'd or hurt at all of course he would have fought again and i would have gone home without fighting. hats off to brad for taking the fight with me because like he said i would have done all the training and the weight cut for nothing so he helped me out and helped the show out. mass respect for that mate.

and for the record im 3-3 amateur 2-0 pro!

I can only go off whats on the net mate. Like all my posts said... I can only 'think' and 'maybe'.

no thats fine bud promoters spell my name wrong so ive ended up with bout 3 different records!!
    jaime stevenson jamie stevenson and finally the right one jamie stephenson!!ha

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    You've got what I said wrong Bean. It has nothing to do with what Brad's record is... I said Wardle is 2-2 Pro and Stephenson is 1-3 Amateur and I'm guessing making his Pro debut and didn't want to fight someone coming into his 5th Pro fight for experience purposes. This is why they didn't just fight each other, is that a little clearer?
    Yes but is there really a huge difference between a 2-2 and an 0-2 pro ? when you are 1-3 Amateur?

Baring in mind Brad/Austen is a very experienced stand up fighter which is not reflected on Sherdog and thats before we consider any fighter possibly missing from Sherdog (Battleground 2 , 2005 Middlesborough) .

I understand your point but I just do not see why it makes more sense for a fighter to fight twice on one night if it is so important for both of the other fighters to fight then they should fight each other rather than risk injuring somebody who hasnt even trained to fight once let alone twice.

The promoter in this instance has shown gross incompetence.

Dont get me wrong, If one fighter pulls out and somebody wants to step in with no notice, fine but twice on the same night when the two could fight , neither of which have significant records?

This is exactly what I anticipated would happen when I originally saw MADE4TheCage use the BAMMA logo on their promotion material.
    Its fine when you are doing things correctly but when you pull this crap you bring the other brand into disrepute with you and as BAMMA are now enjoying a deal with a terrestrial station MADE4TheCage really should be doing allot better.
    Last edited by BakedBean; 15-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.

i fight under Brad Austin BB.....and you know my reasons for it due to work. i tried to do the show a favour. simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by jstephenson View Post
    no thats fine bud promoters spell my name wrong so ive ended up with bout 3 different records!!
    jaime stevenson jamie stevenson and finally the right one jamie stephenson!!ha
    If the promoter asked you to fight the other chap rather than Brad would you have taken the fight?