Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Made 4 The Cage 7 Results

Hmm a teacher fighting MMA... They should consider making a movie about something like that...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Done but my question remains, Why did they not just get the two other chaps to fight?

I know your character as such that you are game and will fight anybody and your bravery is acknowledged but the promoter has a responsibility to you ,the other fighters , the fans , the sport and the other brands he chooses to associate his own with so I am just interested as to why he chose the more foolish course of action as opposed to the obvious safer option.

Although I do appreciate that he is unlikely to have official permission to use the BAMMA logo and they are just a little to wet to tell him not to.
    Okay BakedBean i dont no you, dont like you, and couldnt give a fuck about your opinions!!!! As for using the BAMMA logo on the cage well that was with there permission i.e. the Bosses (Steve and Ashley) as for the fighter fighting twice in 1 night it was a massive concern as i didnt want that to happen but a so called fighter who didnt show left a guy who had trainned for 7wks and done a water cut in the shit so it was agreed between all parties (The fighters the coaches) exactly what would happen and they all agreed!!!! NOT IDEAL and not what i wanted by any means but sometimes you got to handle things there and then. Ive had 7 shows now and work very hard to make them the best i can (Safe -Good Atmosphere and Good Fights) I asked Brad to tell me 100% if he could take next fight and if medics would check him out if he had said NO or anything was wrong at all the unfortunate Jamie wouldn't of had a fight, its not the first time its happened and im not the first show FFS early UFC they would literally kill each other and fight again i will do everything in my power to make sure it never happens again. I only ever see you post about negative things and never the positives so with all due respect come to my show and see how it runs and what it is like, when ive had some of the very best Pro fighters/Coaches tell me its 1 of the best shows in UK they have been on and im up with CW- BAMMA- UCMMA for the Fight Lounge award for best promotion means im doing more good than bad and going in the right direction, then im Happy!!! a little setback by a fighter fighting twice is the only bad thing for what was a great night with a great atmosphere and some great fights!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    bouncer too lol
    Movie about a bouncer fighting...Hmmm, couldn't you pretend to be a undercover cop working in a Kindergarten or something instead? That might be worth making a movie about?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

ae752189_why-you-mad-tho.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by MADE4THECAGE View Post
    Okay BakedBean i dont no you,
    Yeah ya do!

like you,
    I am devastated.

and couldnt give a fuck about your opinions!!!!
    Then what are you doing here ranting?

As for using the BAMMA logo on the cage well that was with there permission i.e. the Bosses (Steve and Ashley)
    Thanks for the clarification

as for the fighter fighting twice in 1 night it was a massive concern as i didnt want that to happen
    It was not massive enough and if you didnt want it to happen as the promoter it would not have happened.
    Sure it was not ideal and was unplanned but at the end of the day it was your decision and it did happen.
    Do you think BAMMA would have done the same in that situation? perhaps you should ask them.

so it was agreed between all parties (The fighters the coaches) exactly what would happen and they all agreed!!!!
    I dont care if they all agreed to fight in flying monkey out fits using nunchukas it is your show, your decision and the buck stops there.

NOT IDEAL and not what i wanted by any means but sometimes you got to handle things there and then.
    And sometimes you handle them correctly and sometimes you screw up.

Ive had 7 shows now and work very hard to make them the best i can (Safe -Good Atmosphere and Good Fights)
    I agree you put on good shows with a good atmosphere but that isnt in question. With regards to Safety however you have some work to do as this was an uneducated and poor decision which it seams you still feel was correct.

I asked Brad to tell me 100% if he could take next fight and if medics would check him out if he had said NO or anything was wrong at all the unfortunate Jamie wouldn't of had a fight,
    Stop trying to blame others for your decision.

its not the first time its happened and im not the first show FFS early UFC they would literally kill each other and fight again
    So how far do you want to go back to justify your error in judgement? I mean in Roman times they used to fight Lions.
    Things have moved on and we now have guidelines and points of reference developed to keep the sport safe.
    You ignored these and your decision took the sport back 10yrs for a brief moment.

i will do everything in my power to make sure it never happens again.
    Thats good to hear.

I only ever see you post about negative things and never the positives
    There is only one toilet cleaner but many people taking a shit.
    I am not here to blow smoke up your arse I am here to help you improve.

so with all due respect come to my show and see how it runs and what it is like,when ive had some of the very best Pro fighters/Coaches tell me its 1 of the best shows in UK they have been on and im up with CW- BAMMA- UCMMA for the Fight Lounge award for best promotion means im doing more good than bad and going in the right direction, then im Happy
    I intend too but none of that is in question

a little setback by a fighter fighting twice is the only bad thing for what was a great night with a great atmosphere and some great fights!!!!!!!
    There was the time you got a Welter/Middleweight to fight for the Heavy Weight title but I appreciate that this wasn't really your fault completely.

Just take a deep breath, If you cant take critism you really are in the wrong business.
    Take a look at Dana Whites Twitter or on the UG, that is what awaits you if you are successful.

I hope you can see that my comments are not without merit and are a little more constructive than "you suck".
    Last edited by BakedBean; 24-10-2012 at 04:14 PM.

I get why Bean & Equilizer are questioning certain things but in no way should Brad or Dale be put down for this.
    Happens every week at respectable shows up and down the UK
    Last edited by AllYouNeedIsLove; 24-10-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    I get why Bean & Equilizer are questioning certain things but in no way should Brad or Dale be put down for this.
    Happens every week at respectable shows up and down the UK
    Does it? really? respectable big shows?

what would happen if it was on the TV and people started to question the fact that the same guy was fighting 2 fights later after losing by submission?
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

M4TC is one of the most respected shows in the UK
    And?

and regardless of the questions asked on here nothing will change that regardless of how hard people troll.
    If however I fighter is seriously injured due to a poor decision by the promoter then that will certainly change.
    There are reasons why this no longer happens in regulated MMA.

Brad too two fights on the same card.....AND?
    And to do so contradicts the wanting to be "respected" and "reputable"

If the so called MMA fans on here actually went to some of the most respectable shows in the UK
    I do.

you would find this happens week in week out
    I do not, that is bullshit, please furnish me with examples for the last 8 weeks or withdraw this comment.

and if a fighter is cleared medically and agree to it I do not see the issue however it is not ideal.
    How many MRI or CT scanners have you seen at these local events?
    Do you know to what extent medics are qualified?

I think too much questioning is being asked here
    There was no questioning, I last posted over a week ago but the promoter felt he had to come on here and hurt my feelings.

when no one has actually done anything wrong
    If it was not wrong then why did the promoter himself say

I will do everything in my power to make sure it never happens again.
    and tbh this wouldnt void the event insurance so there is nothing wrong with it.
    Unnecessary risk of injury is fine just as long as the insurance pays out!

Tell me more about this insurance policy you know so much about.
    What exactly does it cover?
    Fighter injury ? really ?

I get why Bean is questioning certain things but in no way should Brad or Dale be put down for this.
    Happens every week
    I have transacted with Brad and I am not interested in his fights, if he wants to be a journeyman then so be it thats not my affair.

This does not happen every week but it did happen this week on Mark Carlings Show and that is the calibre of promoter that you associate yourself with when you ignore the safety precautions others have set out for our sport and move the goal posts for benefits outside of the interests of health and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    Does it? really? respectable big shows?

what would happen if it was on the TV and people started to question the fact that the same guy was fighting 2 fights later after losing by submission?
    One of them is on TV.
    Like i said happens every week