Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etherington signs for Bellator

Default Etherington signs for Bellator

Looks like 7-0 heavyweight Karl Etherington has inked a deal with Bellator to fight for the promotion in January:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...r-bellator.htm

Hasn't faced tough comp over here yet, but he'll get the chance to do that in the USA when he steps up to face some of the big dudes over in their HW division.

Big big step up for Karl... Hope his cardio is in check because he'll definitely be going further into a fight than 50 seconds.

Maybe too much too soon, he hasn't even faced any of the top guys over here yet
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Good luck to him its good to see Brits getting opportunities albeit anyone whos highest profile win is Tomasz Cwerwinski could have done with more domestic fights, you do wonder when someone like Stav Economou will get a chance?

Default Im not going there to let any onedown including myself

Ok I never get involved with forums But I thought I would put my input into this thread .

firstly I am very greatfull for my opputunity to fight on the bellator promotions , I agree I havent faced the strongest of opposition in the uk but this wasnt for lack of trying my promoters and my self were let down time and time again with pull outs ,ive always treated and respected any opponent I have faced and prepered my self to the best of my abilitys. prior to me signing this deal offers were made to top 10 uk heavyweights only to be told they were contracted or they had no interest in fighting me.
    my priority now is to prepere for my first fight on bellator thank every body who has helped to get me there and try not to let any one down .

Good luck Karl.

Good luck Karl, wish you the best. You don't always hear what goes on behind the scenes - there's some units in the Bellator heavyweight division so you can show what you're about against the top guys there.

You can only fight whats put in front of you and you have demolished everyone you have fought. Good luck Karl good to see Brits getting a chance in the big organisations

Etherington was victorious in his debut last night with a first round TKO:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...ellator-87.htm

I looked for the result when I got up this morning, I know Fish isn't really experienced but fair play to Karl, he still had to go over there and do the business and he did, stayed undefeated and probably earnt a wedge compared to the UK scene.