Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Andy Cona I will lose a thousand fights and then win one, but I am not quitting"

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Andy Cona vs. Nigel Whitear title fight?
    GOAT
    Andy Cona KOed Paul Rocha in the first too afaik.
    www.facebook.com/samboultmma

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Kerpe is a savage. I understand your point though Ben, Peter Buckley earned a fortune being what really should be classed as a good level fighter who could literally hang with the big boys without taking a kicking. Andy Cona needs to take advice from someone and stick to it, being told when to fight.
    I earned a small fortune last year Paid for my wedding

There is def a need for us journeymen as long as we can defend ourselves! Its def not right though if you are getting KO'd. You need to lose sensibly like me hahaha
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

ive taken on last min fighters sumtimes for small money, im happy to fight cona on a show if he wants to fight i was gona fight him before but dont know what happend

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    getting ko'd within short spaces of time is so dumb its unreal. You are not a warrior to me I see no honour or warrior spirit in being a vegetable in front of your kids or family in years time. Thats the thing you might feel ok now but in 10 20 years you are going to pay for this

sooner or later one of these guys getting regularly ko'd is gonna die. No doubt in my mind this is just a matter of time

promoters should be ashamed, how can you sleep at night.

just to edit I have no problem with Journeymen essential part of combat sports really and people are quick to point at boxing. But the things is people don't get knocked out 2 or 3 times a month in boxing
    Honestly I have loads of respect for anyone who steps in a cage but I heard a horrifying story about a fighter waking up from a coma(from a KO in a previous show), taking a fight on about a days notice and then getting brutally KO'd in 9 seconds again. To add to that he rode his motorbike almost instantly after waking up.

Still I love that there's guys out there who would take any fight on short notice to save events. There's way too many drop outs on local shows it seems.
    Last edited by Apollo Reed; 19-10-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craig allen1 View Post
    ive taken on last min fighters sumtimes for small money, im happy to fight cona on a show if he wants to fight i was gona fight him before but dont know what happend
    Not entirely sure if this is Craig Allen but the dude has like 10kgs on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Reed View Post
    Honestly I have loads of respect for anyone who steps in a cage but I heard a horrifying story about a fighter waking up from a coma(from a KO in a previous show), taking a fight on about a days notice and then getting brutally KO'd in 9 seconds again. To add to that he rode his motorbike almost instantly after waking up.

Still I love that there's guys out there who would take any fight on short notice to save events. There's way too many drop outs on local shows it seems.
    Sounds, and is, about as believable as the tooth fairy !
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Sounds, and is, about as believable as the tooth fairy !
    pretty sure you rode a motorbike home after a tko Mike didn't you?

^ I think that's the story that Apollo is referring to however I find it difficult to believe someone who was in a coma would go back fighting at all let alone on a days notice, however I suppose it isn't impossible, some people are idiots.

Only once a few hours after a tko not:-

Waking up from a coma(from a KO in a previous show), taking a fight on about a days notice and then getting brutally KO'd in 9 seconds again.

Totally different, and whilst still not advisable, exagerated like most stories about me are!
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post

Only once a few hours after a tko not:-

Waking up from a coma(from a KO in a previous show), taking a fight on about a days notice and then getting brutally KO'd in 9 seconds again.

Totally different, and whilst still not advisable, exagerated like most stories about me are!
    If you are gonna kill yourself Mike just carry on with mma but no need to put innocent lives in danger on the road