Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Will my past affect my chances as a fighter ?

Leon, you never said how you knew about me. Regardless, how's about you and me in a kickboxing rules bout? I still can't believe you're real.
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Right, I was reading this thread for a laugh, texting a Scottish friend who grew up in the sticks, whenever I stumbled upon a bit I couldn't quite understand, until I got to the part in which a link was drawn between the main character of this charming comedy, Leon or whatever his name is, with the Aberdeen University club.

Namely:

The guys from uni fight team slag Jimbo? What have any of them achieved in MMA?
    You said you hang with the uni guys and they talk about Jimbo. Read your own post.

Surely you can get a fight at SMAART since its run by the Uni team. I'm sure once you've had it you can post picks up how your an MMA fighter just remember to photoshop out the head guard and shin pads.
    Now, I think it's quite obvious that the second this boy would enter the vicinity of any educational institution he would fucking melt. But, as circa 10% of the guys who train with us are not students, in fear that he might have actually come to one of our training sessions, I had a look at his facebook account and was unable to find any sort of link with the club. Hence, with complete certainty, I can state that he has nothing to do with us. Just wanted to make that clear - have messaged Jimbo regarding the matter anyhow, as there's enough laughable politics needlessly haunting Aberdeen's MMA scene.

As for the remaining implications of Chris's posts regarding the uni club - I'll just say that I found them mildly upsetting. I would have hoped that, having trained under Marc himself for quite a while, he would be amongst the first to deny that anyone from Hanshi's club would be speaking shit regarding a member of another team. And I'll take the bit regarding photoshopping out the head-guards, a truly shameful item to wear for any aspiring MMA fighter indeed, to heart, while I prepare the photos from the coming event.

Jesus Christ, and I thought that squaring up to one another on internet forums died a natural death when I was still in high school?

All the best guys,
    Stanislaw
    Last edited by Jigoku.Dojo; 29-10-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    Hit hard, roll strong! www.allroundfighters.com www.jigoku-dojo.com

Leon is a mongo. The uni club are my friends. Simple. I still don't think he is a real person to be honest
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baa View Post
    Jimbo has no stand up but I'd put some money on him being able to ko you..
    And who might you be to say I have no stand up!? I have a pretty devestating leg kick actually :-D

Stan,

I didn't mean any harm by the comment. Not directed at you lot all at Leon.

Anyway i just said that if there was someone from uni bashing Jimbo i just said what right do they have.

Jimbo can rub people up the wrong way but he is still 2-0 so people that havent fought at that level etc should just be quiet.

Jimbo as for the little dig about your stand-up just harmless banter.

I'm just an old now fat retired fighter so wouldn't worry what i say.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa View Post
    Stan,

I didn't mean any harm by the comment. Not directed at you lot all at Leon.

Anyway i just said that if there was someone from uni bashing Jimbo i just said what right do they have.

Jimbo can rub people up the wrong way but he is still 2-0 so people that havent fought at that level etc should just be quiet.

Jimbo as for the little dig about your stand-up just harmless banter.

I'm just an old now fat retired fighter so wouldn't worry what i say.
    Haha it's all good bro. Everytime I ever say anything it's all intended to be harmless banter so I am not gonna be offended by someone else having a bit of a laugh and a joke. I just hope Leon is a)real and b) accepts my challenge for a K-1 contest hahaha

Stan,

Just to add in the time Marc has known me he will understand why I said those things regarding the protective gear and the reasons why.

Senior Member leonthehitmansummers's Avatar

Last edited by leonthehitmansummers; 29-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Senior Member leonthehitmansummers's Avatar

Just to add the uni guys are all my mates so sorry for mentioning them

The most worrying thing about this thread is that it seems like you go to university? If you were let into a University, education system has failed.