Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosi sexton quiting?

Hybrid View

Default Rosi sexton quiting?

sad to read that she may stop fighting mma after opponent withdrawing from fight and due to issues of drug use in the sport.

Where's this been reported? What are the concerns about drug use?
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Rosi Sexton posted this on FB yesterday bro........

Here's my bottom line. Female MMA has a drug problem. I'm not interested in taking steroids and I'm not interested in unfair fights. I don't have the resources to keep playing this game. Until something changes, I'm out!
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!

Would be a shame. Any time a top 5 talent retires in anything before their time is truly done, it's a shame.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

My position is that I will only take another fight if I can be assured a clean opponent and a level playing field. If that means I don't fight again, I'm ok with that.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Pro Fighter
    Chris Garry

Dont be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they dont!!

Sounds like a good plan. Given the recent revelations about cycling [despite the efforts to clean it up that date back to the mid 90s] and some of the opinions openly expressed about performance enhancing drugs in MMA; it would be interesting to know what percentage of MMA fighters (of both genders) are clean and what percentage are using
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. Given the recent revelations about cycling [despite the efforts to clean it up that date back to the mid 90s] and some of the opinions openly expressed about performance enhancing drugs in MMA; it would be interesting to know what percentage of MMA fighters (of both genders) are clean and what percentage are using
    Victor Conte has some stuff to say about this in his recent interview on the Joe Rogan podcast. Makes for very interesting listening.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

MMA owes it to you Rosi, to make sure that you do fight again. I support your decision but hope that it has the intended result - it would be a tragedy for you to be waiting for legit opponents. I hope you only have to retire when you are ready to and not because of anything otherwise.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

We should start the Rosi Sexton vs Rhonda Rousey campaign.