Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Was Sheila Gaff really sick?

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    But wouldn't that also be consistent with what is known about post-viral syndromes? (Just to balance the arguments)
    Perhaps. It's also *consistent* with a number of other potential scenarios, including anabolic steroid withdrawal, or outright fabrication.

Given the uncertainty, it's interesting that (AFAIK) her doctor hasn't provided any medical diagnosis or supporting test results, and unfortunate that the symptoms and sequence of events reported is so vague and at times contradictory.

And i'm not sure about other fighters here, but personally, if I was feeling unwell, had just collapsed in sparring, had no energy and was concerned about my world title fight in two weeks; I don't think my priority would be lining up to have my photo taken with my sparring partners!

Please note that I'm not making accusations here; just pointing out some relevant facts. I'll let people form their own opinions.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

It would certainly be odd to be in a gym at all if you thought you had a post viral syndrome (especially if you had consulted your doctor about it); but then again I've heard a lot of stories about fighters taking all kinds of stupid risks with their health
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Might be a silly question but I thought there was going to be pre fight testing etc - did she pass those tests, were they not done or am I missing something?

Not trying to defend her here btw, think Rosi had every right to be concerned.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Yep. Tests were done. Afaik, nothing came back positive. There was plenty of notice before the testing period started.

The idea with VADA isn't (mainly) to catch people - only an idiot would use PEDs knowing they're definitely being tested. It's to take the option of using PEDs off the table.

You don't really need performance enhancing drugs when there's no performance to enhance though.

Ah cheers for clearing it up, just hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere. True though, if you get busted on a pre fight test knowing full well you are in for testing, you deserve everything you get ...and more.

Haha also true, though, I often have a protein shake before sitting on the couch, just because, you know, well, I sit with 100% effort!

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

The really brilliant thing, though, is that they were asking for the fight to be rescheduled in 3 months time - knowing that there's no more money for drug testing.

What kind of a muppet do I look like to you?

Noting the fact you could probably kick the shit out of me quite easily, I aint saying you look like any kind of muppet. Its to be commended though the fact you made a stand here, more fighters need to do it - i.e anyone fighting Overhorsemeatreem etc, plus that TRT loophole need slamming shut, or at least, give it a cut off age of 35+ or something,someone like Todd Duffee has no need for that shizzle imho. Well no normal need anyway at his age, kids these days eh!

Though to be fair as a side note I always wanted to be Animal, he rocks - proven by Dave Grohl playing Animool in the new Muppet Movie!! Thats like God playing God in his own made for TV movie!