Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Sherdog matches that were never made...

Default Top 10 Sherdog matches that were never made...

Just how big would these fights have been?

1. Fedor Emelianenko vs Randy Couture
    2. Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rickson Gracie
    3. Ken Shamrock vs. Frank Shamrock
    4. Fedor Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett
    5. Wanderlei Silva vs. Chuck Liddell (This argument is from when they were in their primes)
    6. Frank Shamrock vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
    7. Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brock Lesnar
    8. Anderson Silva vs. Matt Hughes (Back when they were suppose to meet at UFC 36)
    9. Tito Ortiz vs. Dana White (Not sure where they're going with this)
    10. Randy Couture vs. Wanderlei Silva (Back when they were 205 Champions)

just read the article earlier, some of them would have been epic

lol, tito an dana were gonna have a boxing fight a while ago when all the beef between the 2 was goin on, dana used to box apparently

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Would love to have seen Fedor vs Randy + Silva vs Hughes, though I think both may well have been fairly one sided beatings by fedor and Anderson. The 1 benefit I can see from the UFC having 90% of the top established fighters on their books is that these type of fights are no longer a pipe dream, they are a reality.

At the time of Anderson and Matt though, Matt was the most dominant WW that fighting had ever seen, and Anderson was a slender rookie. I think Matt would have grappled him to a finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    At the time of Anderson and Matt though, Matt was the most dominant WW that fighting had ever seen, and Anderson was a slender rookie. I think Matt would have grappled him to a finish.

Matt Hughes went on an 8 fight win streak after that fight and picked up the UFC title before he was suppose to fight Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Matt Hughes went on an 8 fight win streak after that fight and picked up the UFC title before he was suppose to fight Anderson.
    il take your 8 fight win streak and raise you a 17 fight win streak, pick up the ufc championship and defend it 11 times from 2006 onwards

But not in 2002 when they were suppose to meet at UFC 36