Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Sherdog matches that were never made...

The UFC has tried to sign Fedor a number of times.

I guess the 3 most high profiles times would be.

* Affliction - Fedor turned down the UFC and went with Affliction - this caused Randy to walk out of the UFC. Dana said he offered him the biggest deal in UFC history at this point. 30 million for 6 fights.

* Strikeforce - Fedor turned down the UFC to co-promote M1 with Strikeforce - before he signed with SF it looked like he was going to sign with the UFC and thus started the talk of Lesnar/Fedor. I think Dana also called MI crazy Russians at this point.

* UFC buys out Strikeforce - post the Henderson fight if I'm correct Fedor was offered to sign with the UFC for a $500,000 basic and PPV share deal with no co-promotion with M1.

But where is the source to say that Lesnar and Fedor was trying to be made? All you've said is the UFC tried to sign him?

Just go the UG and ask if the UFC tried to make Lesnar/Fedor.

Only a few weeks ago Dana asked if there would still any interest in a Lesnar/Fedor fight.

That's because someone probably mentioned it and his response was is there any point seeing an old has been that lost 3 on the bounce and a younger has been that didn't really beat anyone.

Fedor/Randy will also be the biggest "What if" fight for me.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Hands down a prime Couture vs a prime Fedor will always be the biggest fight that never got made... That would have been unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinstonChurchill View Post
    The Brock hater is back.....

Lesnar is by far the biggest draw in MMA history.

The talk back then was it would headline a event held at Cowboys Stadium in Texas.

The unbeaten Russian against a Lesnar fresh off his mauling of Mir = 2 million PPV buys.

It's pretty common knowledge that the UFC tried to sign Fedor a number of times.
    2 Million buys, my ass.
    Lesnar I accept was a hell of a draw & achieved a lot in such a short time.
    BUT, Fedor has never been a huge PPV draw or Affliction might have actually made some money.
    Lesnar vs. Fedor would have achieved as many PPV buys as the rest of Lesnar's fight, usually hovering just over the 1 mil mark. Those were fights against guys who were bigger names to the American PPV audience.
    No way a fight with Fedor would have doubled that.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Hands down a prime Couture vs a prime Fedor will always be the biggest fight that never got made... That would have been unbelievable.
    ... an unbelievable kicking! Fedor would've filled him in quickfast
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Agreed Jimmy, think Fedor in his prime would have crushed Randy in his, Randy was a beast but Fedor was on another level to pretty much everyone.

Personally, I wanted to see chuckle brother v chuckle brother, fight to the death, then the winner also gets put to the sword by jimmy krankie.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Fedor/Brock would have broken 1 million, but I think just barely.

No way it would have come anywhere close to 2 million. I would say like 1.1 million.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!