Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Sherdog matches that were never made...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    But not in 2002 when they were suppose to meet at UFC 36
    i mustv misread the article i thought they said it was due to take place in 2006? if thats the case then yeah you have a point dude

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i mustv misread the article i thought they said it was due to take place in 2006? if thats the case then yeah you have a point dude
    yeah did misread the article

No worries mate, he was fresh off his win against Newton by nearly slamming him through the canvas and at that point Anderson had just won the Shooto WW title.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rickson Gracie would have been the biggest one for me.

I'd personally have swapped out Silva vs Hughes for Silva vs Lindland which was supposed to go down at Cage Rage when they were both ranked in the top 3.

All fantastic fights though, and I'd have loved to have seen them all. Rickson vs Saku would also have been my first choice.

My first choice is Sakuraba vs. Frank Shamrock
    Would have been an epic fight.

Still stunned Pride didn't pay the money to get this as Frank was the unbeaten UFC Middleweight Champion but had left the company, plus had a steller rep in Japan from his Pancrase days.

Gutted we never got to see Lesnar/Fedor.

This fight was meant to happen after UFC 100.

It would of been the biggest fight in MMA history.

The build up alone would of been something special.

Any fight involving Fedor against Couture or Overeem would have been the biggest. Can you post your source for Lesnar vs Fedor that it was suppose to happen.

The Brock hater is back.....

Lesnar is by far the biggest draw in MMA history.

The talk back then was it would headline a event held at Cowboys Stadium in Texas.

The unbeaten Russian against a Lesnar fresh off his mauling of Mir = 2 million PPV buys.

It's pretty common knowledge that the UFC tried to sign Fedor a number of times.