Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Sherdog matches that were never made...

UFC 100 did 1.6

You build on that and you break 2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinstonChurchill View Post
    UFC 100 did 1.6

You build on that and you break 2 million.
    UFC 100 really was a perfect storm for Zuffa.

You had so many things that aligned to make that show a world beater like Hendo and Bisping's season on TUF, like GSP (who got a bigger pop than Brock in Vegas) against a dangerous Thiago Alves and the whole 'milestone event thing.'

That being said there's nothing to say that, with a similar push, they couldn't have beaten that.

The 24/7 style pre programming would have been a huge campaign for Fedor and if they'd have stuck maybe Anderson or GSP on the card as well and stacked on a few grudge matches/TUF coaching rivalries they'd have boosted their revenue by a massive ammount.

Fedor could have easily armbarred himself to one of the biggest single pay days in UFC history.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Lesnar did 1.25 million buys for a one fight card with Carwin.

Ben is correct that you couldn't make Fedor/Lesnar a one fight card.

It would have to be a strong card to break the 2 million buy rate and sell out Cowboys Stadium.

But Lesnar/Fedor just prints money once the UFC hype machine gets behind him.

Winston you need to get off the Lesnar band wagon, Lesnar wasn't the reason UFC 100 did 1.6 million buys, he played a part because he was squaring off with Mir again however it may have had something to do with the WW title fight with the greatest WW ever against one of the best WW's in the world, arguable the greatest pound for pound fighter ever Dan Henderson in a seriously hyped grudge match against Michael Bisping.

Which ever way you look at it, you can list a whole number of fighters against Fedor and say it would have been the biggest fight in history money wise.

Stop drinking the 'hateraid'.

I just pointed out that Carwin/Lesnar did 1.25 million.

Only just over 300,000 less that the stacked UFC 100.

Come back when Hendo, Bisping or even GSP have drawn 1.25 million without a strong mid card.

Come back?... I didn't know I was trying to compete with it.

What happens if Silva fights GSP or Jones, then that'll even shit on the memory of 1.6, 1.25, 1.1 whatever.

Dan Henderson GOAT.

Lesnar has a history of drawing over a million per PPV.

I'm basing everything I've said on PPV stats.

People say Fedor wasn't a draw in the US - Fedor drew over a miilion views for all his Strikeforce fights - I know they were not PPVs. 1.7 million watched Hendo/Fedor.

So, based on Lesnar and Fedor's name value and with a strong mid card I could see the 2 million PPV buy rate broken.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinstonChurchill View Post
    Lesnar has a history of drawing over a million per PPV.

I'm basing everything I've said on PPV stats.

People say Fedor wasn't a draw in the US - Fedor drew over a miilion views for all his Strikeforce fights - I know they were not PPVs. 1.7 million watched Hendo/Fedor.

So, based on Lesnar and Fedor's name value and with a strong mid card I could see the 2 million PPV buy rate broken.
    http://www.mmahq.com/blog/2012/01/03...goes-the-pain/

That breaks down Lesnar's numbers.

I wrote it ages ago.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

I know what you're saying... do you think the following would break over 2 million...

Fedor vs Randy?
    Fedor vs Overeem?
    Fedor vs Dos Santos?

Hendo vs Fedor drew more than any other I believe which is a serious number for a non-UFC event.

Hendo had a big part to play in that.

I went to UFC 141 and it was clear that Lesnar was a shadow of the fighter that mauled Heath, Mir and Randy.

The UFC used the Lesnar name value to make Reem a star in the US.

It's kind of blown up in their face due to Reem being out for over a year and the rub of the Lesnar win would of worn off by then.

No, Reem has no name value in the US and his Strikeforce ratings show that.

Fedor/Randy would of down a million PPV sales.

In a perfect world the UFC would of matched Fedor with Randy and if everything had gone to plan then set up a Lesnar/Fedor fight.

I think the UFC learnt after Cro Cop that you have to rush big name signings into title fights before they risk a lose.

I don't think JDS/Fedor comes close to 2 million buys.