Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SAFE MMA - backed by BAMMA, CWFC and UCMMA

Default SAFE MMA - backed by BAMMA, CWFC and UCMMA

HUGE news coming through this morning regarding a new fighter safety organisation in UK MMA.

It's already backed by BAMMA, Cage Warriors and UCMMA, with many others expected to get on board.

With the likes of Marc Goddard and The Centre of Health and Human Performance on board, it's very credible and udnerway right now.

Full details:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...initiative.htm

Excuse me I have some questions before I blow up my balloons.

Who collects the money? Who is in charge of the bank account?

Not for profit? Can we see a schedule of rates that are charged from the Harley St team to the organization please? surely they are not cost prices and contain profit?
    Who scrutinized these and made sure they are the most competitive for the services they provide?

Who is paying the PR company for writing the press release?
    (is BAMMA's name being first and at the top coincidence? rat smelled)

How is the UK Governing body that starts operating in 2013 going to be effected by this?
    People are going to be expected to pay two memberships?
    With the money that goes into the UKMMAF's funds presumably going to help pay the expenses for industry professionals volunteering and the money from this organisation going to fund Harley St doctors and PR .

BUT without investing anything into unifying rules , dealing with rogue promotions who do not pay industry suppliers and participants and fighters

Now before everybody jumps on me and says that I am being negative, I am all for the governing body and fully support what the IMMAF but what we have in the UK has to be right for us and not just the first thing that comes along.

I would have much preferred to see what the UKMMAF does in 2013 before this popped up as I would expect them to have covered all of this given they are the ones with IMMAF membership.

What is the name of the person behind this email address? :

press@safe-mma.co.uk

good questions Bean but when there is

Marc, Rosi, Graham, Dave, Jude involved I trust their judgement 100 percent

this is great news
    Last edited by sol_dave; 25-10-2012 at 12:47 PM.

GOOD GRIEF , thats all we need:

Izzy Carnwath (BAMMA PR)

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    good questions Bean but when there is

Marc, Rosi, Graham, Dave, Jude involved I trust there judgement 100 percent

this is great news
    I in part share your sentiment but they are only "Advisers" whos names are mandatory for it to be palatable to the majority of UKMMA. Now I am just throwing this out there but my guess is that if this group came to the members of the UKMMAF they would felt they have little choice but to support Safemma given that they are not operational until next year.

Hopefully we will get their comments on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post

Now before everybody jumps on me and says that I am being negative, I am all for the governing body and fully support what the IMMAF but what we have in the UK has to be right for us and not just the first thing that comes along.
    I can't answer most of those questions, I'm sure Marc Goddard etc. can come in and shed some light.

However, with regards to this bit, there have been many that have tried to 'come along'. This is far from the first initiative. However, it's got the most credible backing, well-respected names and the number-one ethos needed: fighter safety first and foremost. It's going to be endorsed by the IMMAF/UKMMAF. I know for a fact the likes of Goddard have been working long and hard at this - it's not just something he's 'lending his name to'.

No doubt it's taken a lot of time and money to get to this point - it's already gone further than anything else, and so it shows they're serious.

Re: The release, of course it came from a certain party but that's because it's positive exposure for every org that chooses to use it as it shows they're invested in fighter safety, so why would they not promote it?

The SAFE MMA registration fee 235 to CHHP, 76 Harley Street includes the cost of the two blood
    tests.

Really? thats how much it "COSTS" for a blood test? looks more like a retail price to me.

What on this list are they checking for? http://www.thehealthstation.co.uk/pathology-prices.aspx

Considering they will be hoping to get about 3-400 minimum of fighters and 7-8 promotion thats going to be well into the 6 figures , who negotiated the rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I can't answer most of those questions, I'm sure Marc Goddard etc. can come in and shed some light.

However, with regards to this bit, there have been many that have tried to 'come along'. This is far from the first initiative. However, it's got the most credible backing, well-respected names and the number-one ethos needed: fighter safety first and foremost. It's going to be endorsed by the IMMAF/UKMMAF. I know for a fact the likes of Goddard have been working long and hard at this - it's not just something he's 'lending his name to'.

No doubt it's taken a lot of time and money to get to this point - it's already gone further than anything else, and so it shows they're serious.

Re: The release, of course it came from a certain party but that's because it's positive exposure for every org that chooses to use it as it shows they're invested in fighter safety, so why would they not promote it?
    This is the furthest anybody has come with a governing body.

The United Kingdom was granted membership in the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation at the most recent board meeting.

The UK MMA Federation was given observation membership status in a unanimous decision. The task of auditing progress and revising membership status is delegated to the National Federation Establishment Committee.

The US becomes the 15th member of the growing IMMAF.

http://www.immaf.org/2012/09/uk-mma-...n-latest-IMMA/

If I was the UKMMAF I would feel that SafeMMA where trying to steel a march on them.

Who is going to pay twice next year? its hard enough to get people to pay once.

I struggle financially anyways without having to pay registration fee's. I think it's a good idea and obviously summit like this needs to be done but its a lot of money to pay out considering pro fighters purses are so low
    nrgstop.com