Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SAFE MMA - backed by BAMMA, CWFC and UCMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is here. If you genuinely feel you cannot afford to use the scheme, then nobody is forcing you to do so.

A number of the larger promotions have stated their support for it - so you have the perfect opportunity to wait and see how it goes before making your decision.
    I dont have a problem (I have opportunities I'm simply asking a question, how will the smaller shows cope with the increase in cost, or where is the money going to come from?

Honestly I'm really in favour of this working or I wouldn't be asking this question, I want to join up but cant see who's going to end up paying apart from the promoter. And as a promoter I cant see how this helps me recoupe that increase.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Please can you post the projected numbers and time frames as to be consistent with both your comment and statement of transparency.

No! John will not be posting projected numbers for you to assess for consistency or any other belief that you may have.

Now BB I have both publicly and privately commended you for your general outlook and reasoning on your quests to highlight and expose all that is poor in MMA. Your line of questioning since our announcement yesterday has strayed beyond all recognition at times as well as being completely off key. Might I ask that you and everyone else at least give us one day to catch our collective breaths?

I personally invite you to the press related launch in London next Thursday where any and all questions will be answered. Since the initial release yesterday I have been on an emotional roller coaster since - ranging from adulation to complete sadness and despair at some of the so called thoughts and comments related on this project. It would be all to easy, least of professionally incorrect, but very just I might add to throw out an emotion filled response but that would get me nowhere fast. Alternatively I could revert to the standard protocol of talking about what we could do, talking about what we will do but if talking was all we would partake in then we would have nothing to have even be discussing here right this minute.

I ask you please, even out of thought and respect for me? Could you at least give us chance to prove our worth? To prove that every single meeting I attended and orchestrated over the last year and a half driving to and from London leaving my family, at my own expense, my time and my sanity. Could you please not grant me he courtesy to show that when I came up with the initiative and concept that in order for the vision to work that we needed the three promotions on board initially in unison in order for us to have one fighting chance to start? The fact that said "rival" promotions did all come together and my vision of this filled me with hope and understanding that we all strive for the same common goal. The promotors themselves, Izzy, the medical representatives from Harley Street - we have all put in hundreds of hours of time effort and emotion to even get us to an initial launch. Could I ask that you at least recognise all of this? Please?

The paint isn't even dry yet and already, in the interests of remaining communicative with the very people that we wish to offer service, stability and guidance to we find ourselves embroiled in defending our place without even starting. I would like to draw a line under this now. I urge and ask any and all related in MMA to register your attendance for the launch next Thursday where and and all questions, queries, reservations and thoughts can be tabled in the correct forum and format for doing so.

I urge you all, with any vested interest in MMA to understand and support what we are doing here. Questions will be asked of course - but answers shall be given. We knew the road would be bumpy, would be long and would be difficult and that is just nothing more than human nature.

My overriding and initial request is for one of plead! Please do not let us think that everything we have done till now will be wasted. I urge you all to join with us for the greater good of this sport. We are young (as a sport collectively) but there are many wise minds - each with a single common aim of raising safety amongst our competitors. All will be answered in time, but again I ask can you at least give us that?

I, my colleagues, promotes and medical professionals look forward to fielding many questions at the launch and for times like these, when I can, to answer answer of your queries as possible.

My thanks.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Please know that I have just done all that response from my phone in the back of beyond :-/

My head hurts

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    No! John will not be posting projected numbers for you to assess for consistency or any other belief that you may have.

Now BB I have both publicly and privately commended you for your general outlook and reasoning on your quests to highlight and expose all that is poor in MMA. Your line of questioning since our announcement yesterday has strayed beyond all recognition at times as well as being completely off key. Might I ask that you and everyone else at least give us one day to catch our collective breaths?

I personally invite you to the press related launch in London next Thursday where any and all questions will be answered. Since the initial release yesterday I have been on an emotional roller coaster since - ranging from adulation to complete sadness and despair at some of the so called thoughts and comments related on this project. It would be all to easy, least of professionally incorrect, but very just I might add to throw out an emotion filled response but that would get me nowhere fast. Alternatively I could revert to the standard protocol of talking about what we could do, talking about what we will do but if talking was all we would partake in then we would have nothing to have even be discussing here right this minute.

I ask you please, even out of thought and respect for me? Could you at least give us chance to prove our worth? To prove that every single meeting I attended and orchestrated over the last year and a half driving to and from London leaving my family, at my own expense, my time and my sanity. Could you please not grant me he courtesy to show that when I came up with the initiative and concept that in order for the vision to work that we needed the three promotions on board initially in unison in order for us to have one fighting chance to start? The fact that said "rival" promotions did all come together and my vision of this filled me with hope and understanding that we all strive for the same common goal. The promotors themselves, Izzy, the medical representatives from Harley Street - we have all put in hundreds of hours of time effort and emotion to even get us to an initial launch. Could I ask that you at least recognise all of this? Please?

The paint isn't even dry yet and already, in the interests of remaining communicative with the very people that we wish to offer service, stability and guidance to we find ourselves embroiled in defending our place without even starting. I would like to draw a line under this now. I urge and ask any and all related in MMA to register your attendance for the launch next Thursday where and and all questions, queries, reservations and thoughts can be tabled in the correct forum and format for doing so.

I urge you all, with any vested interest in MMA to understand and support what we are doing here. Questions will be asked of course - but answers shall be given. We knew the road would be bumpy, would be long and would be difficult and that is just nothing more than human nature.

My overriding and initial request is for one of plead! Please do not let us think that everything we have done till now will be wasted. I urge you all to join with us for the greater good of this sport. We are young (as a sport collectively) but there are many wise minds - each with a single common aim of raising safety amongst our competitors. All will be answered in time, but again I ask can you at least give us that?

I, my colleagues, promotes and medical professionals look forward to fielding many questions at the launch and for times like these, when I can, to answer answer of your queries as possible.

My thanks.
    Ok, I will not speak of this until after your launch and I strongly recommend anybody reading this to attend and give SAFEMMA a chance to prove their worth and answer the questions that have been put.

Are you commenting blind without knowing any facts?

This issue is to important for our games, I would hope you appreciated that.
    To be honest the names and organisations involved give me enough faith to leave them do their thing for some time before passing judgement. You on the other hand seem to think everything has to have your seal of approval before they are allowed to spring into action, same shit as when immaf was announced. Stop moaning when people are trying to move the sport forward dude...you are the one holding it back when you moan like this, if you can't be part of the solution don't be part of the problem instead....you almost moan as much as yo momma did last night!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Firstly had I of known that Mark Goddard and Rosi Sexton where involved from the beginning my initial approach would not have been so aggressive but that aside there are many questions that need to be asked.

I sent an email to the press enquiry email box yesterday requesting a simple piece of information to enable me to research further.
    I have had no response, lets see how long it takes.

Just so we are clear, I personally will not accept any scripted generic PR responses to specific questions and nobody else should either so if any PR person just happens to be reading this and receives an email from me then it is better you maintain your policy of not responding to my emails than insult me with nonsense.
    Ok I have 5 mins so am readin through this at the moment, 2 things strike me here - 1, on the first page it mentions Marc's name so after telling me I should read it first, maybe you should Bean?

Second, demanding instant replies to your emails? IMMAF Deja Vu all over again? Seriously, you are a faceless forum entity yet expect to be treated on par with Dana White?

Amazing.

Anyway, off to carry on reading everyone else being positive bar Bean...

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    Please know that I have just done all that response from my phone in the back of beyond :-/

My head hurts
    You want a medal typing that on ya phone dude, shitting hell lol
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Haha I thought that, my first reply above was on my phone and that pissed me off just doing a paragraph...Just shows how dedicated Mr Goddard is to SAFE MMA it if he went to that kind of bother. Seriously.

I think SAFE MMA is a great idea ! good luck guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    This is a huge step forward, and one that many people thought would never happen in the UK. A lot of people have put a lot of work into making this happen - don't underestimate the challenges involved!

It's good for fighters, and will help the reputation of the sport as a whole.

As for costs - Safe MMA is non-profit, and accounts will be published and available to the public. Before my last fight, I paid 123 for blood tests (lab fee only) that were valid for 6 months. So it sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    You were ripped off Rosi, I charge my fighters (including former boxing world champions) 50 for exactly the same blood tests and still make some profit!