Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: SAFE MMA - backed by BAMMA, CWFC and UCMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Thats the thing, people who are being negative about this before it even starts - its not compulsory, so if you dont like it, just sit back and see how it goes before making judgement anyway, at least people are finally coming together to get things off the ground in UK MMA.
    Don't think anyone has actually come back to say it is a bad thing. Most people just want to understand it better as for some it wont be financially viable to do so.

I think it is a good idea but just think that some things could have been better to get more people involved at the initial stage
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Will UCFC's Wheeled Warriors (wheelchair MMA) be allowed to be part of SAFE MMA?
    Owner of @LOVE2FIGHTmag, student of BKK Fighters & PR for WFS: Warrior Fight Series

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SlimDavy View Post
    The reason I ask about the UK Governing Body is that there's whispers that a new body will be formed to rival the IMMAF here in the UK. Makes me wonder if each have anything to do with the other (safe mma + new body) ??
    "Safe MMA has been recognised by the UKMMAF as the preferred choice for fighter safety in the UK, and the two independent bodies are working side by side to improve safety measures within the sport. Marc Goddard and Rosi Sexton hold dual board membership to both the UK MMA Federation and SAFE MMA."

(Also - UKMMAF is a member of the IMMAF, not a "rival" to it. There is still a lot of work to do before there is a functioning governing body in place.)
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Would be cool if SAFE MMA regulated miss matches, record padding fights etc in some way.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Would be cool if SAFE MMA regulated miss matches, record padding fights etc in some way.
    I think that's a job for the governing body!
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Would be very cool if everyone who preaches about their love for this sport turned up to the Q&A this Thursday night.

very cool if everyone on this forum and cyber world got behind safemma

be happy that steps are being taken to help get the sport where everyone claims they want it do be.

What is NOT very cool is consistent BITCHING about " What if's "

Facts are no one else has stood up and grabbed this by the balls and made such a move to make happen whats needed in this sport and country until now.

You have the 3 biggest orgs in the country & two of the most respected uk mma figure heads on board this, who have spent over a year putting this in place, this is a major step in the right direction get behind it .

Yes there may well be some issues to iron out but those issues will be minor and may take 6-12 months to come out in the wash but this is it, this is the one shot the entire community has of getting external respect as a sport.

I suggest WE ALL grab this opportunity and make it work.

See you Thursday.

G
    Actions speak louder then words......The Inexperienced Naive Dictator .......#No23

Quote Originally Posted by TheDictator View Post
    Would be very cool if everyone who preaches about their love for this sport turned up to the Q&A this Thursday night.

very cool if everyone on this forum and cyber world got behind safemma

be happy that steps are being taken to help get the sport where everyone claims they want it do be.

What is NOT very cool is consistent BITCHING about " What if's "

Facts are no one else has stood up and grabbed this by the balls and made such a move to make happen whats needed in this sport and country until now.

You have the 3 biggest orgs in the country & two of the most respected uk mma figure heads on board this, who have spent over a year putting this in place, this is a major step in the right direction get behind it .

Yes there may well be some issues to iron out but those issues will be minor and may take 6-12 months to come out in the wash but this is it, this is the one shot the entire community has of getting external respect as a sport.

I suggest WE ALL grab this opportunity and make it work.

See you Thursday.

G
    As above. Nothing more to say till Thursday.

Look forward to seeing all who can make it.

My thanks.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Will this come further north for a Q&A session, obviously it was short notice and not accessible for a lot of people in the country.

I had blood tests done for an ISKA show a few years ago at my local GUM clinic, it was free and yes you needed ID to have them done and to pick up the results too... dunno if its changed though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I had blood tests done for an ISKA show a few years ago at my local GUM clinic, it was free and yes you needed ID to have them done and to pick up the results too... dunno if its changed though!
    That is correct.